1993 Mustang Cobra 180,000 miles

BMF

Established Member
This is copied directly from my craigslist ad.

Located in Godfrey,IL 1hr east of St. Louis, Mo
618-531-8244 Brian

I paid $5500 for this car plus title, tax and license plates so if your offer isn't around $5500 don't bother. I would consider a 1979-1986 clean non rusted coupe. No rust, never been wrecked or painted is a must. I don't want to trade for anything else. This is a 100% factory 1993 Mustang Cobra. Not a transplant, not a conversion 100% from the factory Cobra. It will never be worth what one with the original vin would be but this car is straight, never been wrecked and has zero rust. When I say no rust I mean it unlike some of the cars I've went to look at. All sheet metal and body panels line up perfect with no gaps or misaglignment. The vin stickers are on all panels except the hood and fenders but those three are ford pieces so with 180000 miles I'm guessing they fell off, removed by the thief, or removed by the state but I don't know. It has the factory front bumper cover so it couldn't have been wrecked in the front so I believe they fell off when it was painted, pressure washed or removed. I was planning on bringing this car back to its glory but don't have the time for mulitple cars right now. This car is a prior theft recovery in the state of Oklahoma from what I was told, but who really knows. Its been through at least 4 owners since the vin change. The state of Ok. issued a new vin number so it no longer has its original vin. I have a copy of the paper work from Ok. showing this change. It has been titled and licensed in Nevada, Colorado, Oklahoma, Missouri and now Illinois so there is no problem transfering the title or getting plates. I just got the title and plates back from Il last week. It doesn't have a salvage title or a rebuilt one. It is a clear title just like buying a new vehicle. The original vin number is 1facp42d2pf137650 if you want to check the carfax. I ran one and have a copy I can email if you want it. The new vin is is OK0021500 which won't show on a carfax because it is not a factory vin just like a custom vehicle or kit car. Now to the condition. It will need new paint no questions. Whoever painted it either didn't prep it or they used the cheapest paint available. The interior needs help, the dash is fine but had a tach mounted on it. The leather looks like a 180000 mile leather. The door panels were dingy but have cleaned up ok, the map pockets need replaced if someone decides to keep these door panels. Has the factory aluminum spare still in the back hatch but no jack. Back hatch lock has been damaged but not the metal around it. It runs its balls off and starts right up everytime. It does leaks some fluids here and there. From what I can tell it looks like the rearend cover, it has a alluminum cover on it. The power steering looks like its leaking to. It looks a lot better in the pics so if someone comes to look at it don't be suprised if your disappointed. I recommend looking at all the pics. I've seen junk sell for more than I'm asking. If you had a wrecked Cobra with a good title this would be a good body to use then you could just part the rest out. Can't really think of anything else, I've only owned it for about a month. The following parts have been added over the years or recently replaced according to all the papers I have:

- New *Battery
- New *Starter
- New *Exterior door handles
- New *Front bumper cover license plate bracket
- New *Windshield
- New *Clear headlights all six pieces
- New *Foglights
- New *Idle Air Control Gasket
- New *Upper Intake Gasket
- New *Ignition Module
- New *Spark Plugs
- New *Spark Plug Wires
- New *Fuel Filter
- New *Fuel Pressure Regulator
- New *Thermostat and Gasket and housing
- New *Lower Intake Gaskets
- New *Distributor Rotor
- New *Distributor Cap
- New *Radiator
- Replaced Distributor

Aftermarket parts previous owners added:

-KB sub frames welded on
-KB strut tower brace
-CAI
-Eibach Sportline lowering springs #41035
-Tokiko adjustable shocks/struts
-BBK shorty headers
-Hi flow X-pipe
-Underdrive pullies
-Steeda tri-ax
-Tubular upper and lower rear control arms
-3:55 rear end gears (Needs speedo gear)

Have a brand new pair of 245/45/17 tires that come with the car I might go ahead and mount them in case someone wants to drive it a long distance.

Link to pics: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v204/stlmustangs/1993 Cobra/

IMG_0622.jpg

Last edited:

4foxcoupe

Established Member
i called you yesterday afternoon from maryland, did that guy ever come look at it and is it still available, i will call you tomorrow if it is. thanks andy

Users who are viewing this thread