Best clutch for 500-600hp with low pedal pressure

mgt92

Established Member
I am in the process of upgrading my trans to a T56 magnum. In my old T-45 setup I have a spec stage 2 which took alot of abuse but the pedal pressure was on/off.

I am looking for a single disk clutch that will hold 500-600hp that has "stock" like pedal pressure.

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
I have been told a twin clutch has less pedal effort with better holding power :-D
mcleod rxt is my next clutch

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
I am in the process of upgrading my trans to a T56 magnum. In my old T-45 setup I have a spec stage 2 which took alot of abuse but the pedal pressure was on/off.

I am looking for a single disk clutch that will hold 500-600hp that has "stock" like pedal pressure.

Why does it have to be a single?

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Why does it have to be a single?
I agree. If you really want the holding power and light pedal effort, go twin. That is the whole reason behind it.

To gain clamping power from a clutch you either need, more pressure from the pressure plate (stiffer clutch), more agressive compound disc (some will chatter with too agressive), or more surface area. (Or a combo of all 3).

This is why the twin disc was made. So you can have your cake and eat it too.

I would look into the Mcleod RXT. Half the pedal effort of stock with perfect driveability and handles 1000 RWHP.

I installed one and it makes driving the car so much more pleasurable than it was even with the stock clutch. I should have done this a long time ago!

Last edited:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
I have never, EVER in my whole life wanted to replace a perfectly good, not slipping in any way, stock clutch, so much, as right NOW!

That McLeod RXT is just screaming to me!!!:beer::rockon:

That's just a really wordy and emphatic way of saying... DO WANT!:-D

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
I have never, EVER in my whole life wanted to replace a perfectly good, not slipping in any way, stock clutch, so much, as right NOW!

That McLeod RXT is just screaming to me!!!:beer::rockon:

That's just a really wordy and emphatic way of saying... DO WANT!:-D
My clutch was still holding on as well Jimmy. But I figured I was on borrowed time. I didn't want to end up stranded anywhere do to the clutch giving up or the input shaft breaking.

I am very happy I made the switch. If you get one, you won't be dissapointed.

BigBeez03

MASH PAST >
Established Member
My clutch was still holding on as well Jimmy. But I figured I was on borrowed time. I didn't want to end up stranded anywhere do to the clutch giving up or the input shaft breaking.

I am very happy I made the switch. If you get one, you won't be dissapointed.

I'm in the same boat. I just installed my Whipple this summer and my tuner showed me some clutch slip on the dyno sheet but it's not bad. It doesn't always slip, only when I really stand on it. I know i'm on borrowed time so I'm looking to upgrade clutch this summer. I'm thinking about the McLeod Twin disc after hearing of positive experiences.

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
And to think, the FRPP Terminator was putting down around 700HP to the OEM clutch. Still gotta' love good excuses to tinker:burnout:

kingcobra8541

The Dude
Established Member
I have a stage 3 and dont like it. I cant say I hate it but it chatters and even though it was broken in properly it screeches on take off unless I give it a lot of gas. My car sounds like a hoopty with this friggen clutch!

Users who are viewing this thread