Clutch question???(is the stock clutch stiff and a pain for a DD?)

92gt

Established Member
Hi guys I heard that the Teminator's stock clutch is kind of stiff and a pain sometimes for a DD is this true? I m about to buy a Cobra and would like for some fellow owners to give me some input and thoughts on the clutch. BTW the Cobra would be my weekend toy only not a DD. Thanks in advance guys :beer:

92gt

Established Member
Ok good to know, BTW the Cobra would be a weekend toy.

Last edited:

85FourEyedGT

I AM HOOK!
Established Member
i actually think its better to drive it a lot for a month to get use to the clutch and let your leg get stronger lol, i daily mine, no probs at all , but my legs carry a 220lb guy all day so theyre pretty strong :)

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
I`m reading all I can about clutches for mine at the moment,....My leg is fine. But, My knee just isn`t doing well with it. I`ll have to find something a little easier or sell my toy.

In the same boat except I do have other stuff I can drive.
I also have a problem with throwing away a clutch that is still holding.

With that said, The McLeod RXT twin disc will be my next clutch when the stocker finally goes.

Digital

Established Member
I know a few small chicks that daily drive cobras. Unless you have a injury in that knee and shouldn't be driving a manual car AT ALL you should have zero issues driving a cobra in traffic.

Rooster1969

Established Member
In the same boat except I do have other stuff I can drive.
I also have a problem with throwing away a clutch that is still holding.

With that said, The McLeod RXT twin disc will be my next clutch when the stocker finally goes.

Also have other stuff to drive. I won`t be waiting for the stocker to go, It`s judt going to be gone! By the end of the work week I`m ready to enjoy the car, knee is not.
Guess I should have worn kneepads when I did flooring work 15 years ago. Young and Dumb I was.

Users who are viewing this thread