FRPP TOB, Pilot, SPEC 3+, TOB Retainer, and 26 Spline info here

EvilBlack

04 Sickness
Established Member
Ok, I have put a lot of work into figuring a bunch of stuff out. Hopefully this can help out some of you other noisy TOB/Pilot worn out clutch paranoid 26 spline upgraders.

1. The TOB Retainer from Lethal is 119. D&D said they make it for Lethal and they sell it for $99.00 (Save $20)
http://www.ddperformance.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=111cPath=110_103_122

The D&D 26 Spline is made by Tremec and it need the bearing pressed on when you get it. You can sometimes find the Tremec part for $299.

2. The Liberty one comes with the bearing pressed on and some people have NOT needed the shim kit. Liberty Gear 03-04 Cobra 26-Spline Input Shaft Conversion [LG-26SISC] - $319.00 : Performance Parts - Ford Mustang - Cobra - Dodge Viper - Chevy Corvette - C6 - LS1
Total: $336.22 Shipped

3. Lethal is not the cheapest for the FRPP Bearings. Of course I bought their retainer and bearings for more $ before I figured this out. Look at D'Agostino racing they seemed quite a bit cheaper on these as well. http://dagostinoracing.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=2678_122_1501_1502_15002

4. SPEC 3+ looks to be the cheapest at LMP and you can specify the Low Pedal effort option. SPEC SF873F SPEC Clutch Stage 3+ for 1999-04 Mustang COBRA - SF873F
$496.20 with FREE Shipping

Here is a nice looking package for the 26 spline, shims, and SPEC 3+. Do NOT USE the SPEC TOB.
http://dagostinoracing.com/index.ph...o&cPath=2678_122_1501_17532&products_id=14590

Last edited:

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
Good stuff man, I did the same thing about a year ago on a piece of scratch paper and was able to save a pretty good amount of money.
Good thread!

20SVT03

Wishin for that KB!
Established Member
Just buy the factory Ford TOB because its the exact same as the FRPP. I contacted ford racing and they confirmed besides it will save you another $20

20SVT03

Wishin for that KB!
Established Member
I work at a authorized FRPP Ford dealership. I went to our parts guy and asked for the "HD" TOB for my car and that's what he told me. Apparently they went on back order a while ago and when they started releasing them again there was a OE Ford box inside the FRPP box. I doubted this also so like I said I called the FRPP tech line myself and they confirmed this. Give FRPP a call I was only on the phone for maybe two min.

laterbra

Established Member
i know this thread was partially made for me:banana:;-)

amazing info in the last few days guys gather it all in and learn because i sure am

rudycobra

Established Member
I ordered everything from lethal , I had found few things cheaper but when called and talked to them they cut a good Lil bit off , I saved bout 100$ from just adding prices up that were on website

EvilBlack

04 Sickness
Established Member
Well I want to know where the TOB I took out of my car that DRUNK and BLIND FREAKING Monkeys constructed out of tinfoil and dog shit came from that was the stock part.

I can see and feel a huge difference. WTF over.

20SVT03

Wishin for that KB!
Established Member
Well I want to know where the TOB I took out of my car that DRUNK and BLIND FREAKING Monkeys constructed out of tinfoil and dog shit came from that was the stock part.

I can see and feel a huge difference. WTF over.

I imagine that it was bad and that's why you replaced it. Not just because you felt like it. Of course its gonna feel gritty and worn out. That's what happens to them. Again if you guys don't believe me call FRPP yourself. The replacement part from Ford and FRPP are the same but you pay a little more for the name

EvilBlack

04 Sickness
Established Member
I imagine that it was bad and that's why you replaced it. Not just because you felt like it. Of course its gonna feel gritty and worn out. That's what happens to them. Again if you guys don't believe me call FRPP yourself. The replacement part from Ford and FRPP are the same but you pay a little more for the name

There is that, but there is more to it. On the one I pulled, the lip that rides on the fork is a separate piece of steel unlike the FRPP HD one (supposedly) that I bought. I can definitely see that the new one is thicker and is one piece unlike the one I removed.

3847939-l-0.jpg

Or you might be able to see it better here in the full size pic.
http://photos.plaxo.com/photos/get/21/30/29/74/112797/3847939-l-0.jpg

Perhaps it is not what it was supposed to be. The PO was sold this as FRPP HD.

Users who are viewing this thread