10 spline input shaft vs 26 spline

04cobra3

Established Member
lookin to do a clutch change, lookin at getting the exedy mach 600 clutch but its a 10 spline was told my stock 10 spline wont hold much more than what i have 469 tq 450hp was just curious if anyone knows if theres any aftermarket 10 spline shafts all iv seen is 26 spline.... i would like this clutch but if theres only 26 spline aftermarket im kinda screwed for that mach 600

supraman1990

Established Member
You might get lucky and your stock input shaft take the abuse. However, I am at just a bit above your power number and WILL be upgrading to the 26 spline unit when I get a new clutch. Most of the aftermarket clutch discs have 26 spline option for the cars, as this is a very common upgrade. Their is no aftermarket 10 spline upgrade that I know of, as from what I understand the spline count is a major issue.

foxman92

Its slow
Established Member
the stock 10 spline can take some abuse!! but not running bigger wheels, drag radials.. i have ran my car at the track on 15"wheels/slicks and ran it on the street on the drag radials. never had a single issue with it.. BUT, i did take my car to the track on 18"wheels/hoosier DR and it twisted in two.. the car hooked good, but there wasnt enough tire to absorb the shock. so it was the weak link.. so if you dont plan to take the car to the drag strip, and dont beat the piss out of it on the street. then you will be OK with the 10 spline.. the plus side is, IF you do break it, you can get another one cheap!! I will be upgrading to a 26spline in the near future. (over the winter im sure) but for now, i put another 10 spline in it, and its still rocking strong..

Users who are viewing this thread