Swapped out the 2.93 for the 2.76. New numbers...

NC03BlkSnake

Learn to Swim
Established Member
We installed the 2.93 in January and the car made 444/466 in cold, dry weather. This past Friday we swapped it out for the 2.76 and added some NGK TR6's and the car made 475/507 weather was 76 degrees with 50% humidity. I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out. This is with the stock lower and no porting. Woke the car up considerably!

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Those numbers are not unheard of if you have the belt slip issue under control, and it appears as though you do. But you never know with a dyno. Each one is different. HP seems right on with what I would expect, so I am going to say that the torque is as well. I made 465 tq with just a 2.93 Upper and a CAI/Catback. So I would say that I would have been very close to the same mark as you with the right tune.

-Jeff

NC03BlkSnake

Learn to Swim
Established Member
HISSMAN said:
Those numbers are not unheard of if you have the belt slip issue under control, and it appears as though you do. But you never know with a dyno. Each one is different. HP seems right on with what I would expect, so I am going to say that the torque is as well. I made 465 tq with just a 2.93 Upper and a CAI/Catback. So I would say that I would have been very close to the same mark as you with the right tune.

-Jeff

Yeah, with just a 2.93 and CAI/Exhaust I put down 444/466 so we are right in line.

BBCOBRA

Established Member
Congrats on the numbers. Dan told me about yours when I had mine dyno'd at Custom Perf. on Saturday. Mine made 446hp/470tq. 2.76 upper, JLT CAI and magnaflow cat back. My tune is pretty rich with room for more. A/f in the high 10's to low 11's.

NC03BlkSnake

Learn to Swim
Established Member
BBCOBRA said:
Congrats on the numbers. Dan told me about yours when I had mine dyno'd at Custom Perf. on Saturday. Mine made 446hp/470tq. 2.76 upper, JLT CAI and magnaflow cat back. My tune is pretty rich with room for more. A/f in the high 10's to low 11's.

Thanks, Dan is a great guy. I'm real happy with the numbers. I'd think if you got yourself a midpipe and some new plugs you'd have some better numbers. My A/F was right at 12.0 throughout the RPM band. Give the guys at MM Performance a call, they'll set you up right. I was going to try and make it out there Saturday but since it was the only nice day that weekend my wife had other plans for me..... I'm sure I'll see you around at some other events soon though.

Greg

BBCOBRA

Established Member
I've already got plugs. NGK TR6 IX . Theye look great. No sign of blow out above 6K. The A/F never went above 11.5 and was as low as 10.9 and 11.0 in the middle. This was the first time around and I'll get a updated tune from sambandit as soon as I get the run files from Dan. I'm really pleased with the milehidyno tune so far. It is really flat compared to some I've seen. The hp and tq curves are also very smooth. After I update the tune I should be right in line with most out there. It shold put me at about 460hp/480tq or so. Yeah, I know the mid pipe will get another 10 or so. The car idles and drives no different if not beter than it did stock when putting around. But getting on it, thats another story. The upper pulley really wakes it up.
I think you've got one of the few big numbers producing cars out there.

Moody03SVT

Hear2Learn@Teach
Established Member
those are really good numbers for what you have? was that with a complete custom tune? Pro-Dyno did your tune it looks like from sig, are they in NC as well?

I have the same mods and my numbers are in my sig but I have a custom tune from another cobra with a ported blower (and mine is not ported.)

Jon

Last edited:

04CobraDean

Banned
NC03BlkSnake said:
We installed the 2.93 in January and the car made 444/466 in cold, dry weather. This past Friday we swapped it out for the 2.76 and added some NGK TR6's and the car made 475/507 weather was 76 degrees with 50% humidity. I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out. This is with the stock lower and no porting. Woke the car up considerably!

Did this require extra tuning or you just changed the pulley and re-dyon'd it?

Ryan.K.

VOLENS ET POTENS
Established Member
If you all want more torque just swap back in your stock h-pipe. Buddy of mine made 463/500 with just:

Mac cat-back
(stock h-pipe)
2.76 billet flow
4 billet flow idlers
CAI

Ryan.K.

VOLENS ET POTENS
Established Member
NC03BlkSnake said:

Great numbers. I am suprised at how much tq you made, you generally don't see that much tq with an x-pipe on thier. The VRS X isn't known to make lots of tq, but it will make some hp. :) You are one of the lucky ones..just a freak from the factory. Now throw a KB or whipple on that bitch.

NC03BlkSnake

Learn to Swim
Established Member
87whitevert said:
those are really good numbers for what you have? was that with a complete custom tune? Pro-Dyno did your tune it looks like from sig, are they in NC as well?

I have the same mods and my numbers are in my sig but I have a custom tune from another cobra with a ported blower (and mine is not ported.)

Jon

That was a complete tune from Dan with Pro-Dyno. They are located in Charlotte, NC. We've got a few dyno days lined up with Dan so if you're interested check out MMPerformanceonline.com for the dates of them. I'd definetely have him get you a tune, well worth it.

Greg

Users who are viewing this thread