Datalog guru's tell me what im looking at........

Turbosnake03

Established Member
This is a shot from my livelink in my e-85 KB 2.4 cobra. It was a second gear pull up to about 6300rpm.

312ick3.jpg

Black306

Established Member
It would be better with a log cause I can "see" better when things happen, but I can see a couple things in the screen shot. Your fuel pump duty cycle goes to 100% at about 3,500-4,000RPM. Your fuel pressure is also erratic and drops down to 31.5psi at the top part of the pull. So it seems to me you are having a fuel issue.

Turbosnake03

Established Member
well the car has twin GT pumps BAP with upgraded FPDM 80lb injectors....... but it has the stock hat in it........ could that really be choking it down that much????

Last edited:

Black306

Established Member
I doubt it. Even early in the run, your fuel pressure looks erratic. If I were to guess, I think you are having a PPRV delete issue or maybe a dead/weak pump.

But again, a log will help a lot more than that screen shot.

Black306

Established Member
Looking at your log, I can see a few things.

Looks like you stabbed the throttle and spun out a bit. ;)

Your pumps max out at about 4975rpm.

You don't have pressure drop in the logs and there is no info on actual boost, so it's hard to say what the pressure drop is. I'm going to guess that you are running 15psi of boost or more. That said, your pressure drop is 34psi or lower above about 3500rpm.

Your injectors are trying to compensate for the lack of fuel from the pumps and hit almost 95% duty cycle at the top of the pull.

It still looks like to me that you are having a PPRV delete issue or weak/dead pump. However, it could also be other things like turned down knob on the BAP or some kind of wiring issue. Have you done anything to the car lately? Have you had it running right at one point?

Turbosnake03

Established Member
no i just got the car about a week ago..... just kinda problem solving now.....

the KB BAP is at 50 on the dial..... car is pullied to make around 20psi of boost......

I have a Innovate LC-1 in the car and all the way through 2nd and 3rd the air fuel was reading 11.3 and just flickered at 11.8 for just a sec.....

also this car is on E-85 so i know the demands are greater on the fuel side of things........

Turbosnake03

Established Member
i was also thinking about something today....... it has an Aeromotive 10 micron paper filter in it..... i wonder if the filter was clogged if that could be the issue?????

any thoughts???

Black306

Established Member
i was also thinking about something today....... it has an Aeromotive 10 micron paper filter in it..... i wonder if the filter was clogged if that could be the issue?????

any thoughts???

It's possible you could have a restricted fuel filter. That would show as high fuel pump duty cycle/low fuel rail pressure numbers.

Also, Aeromotive doesn't recommend their 10-micron fabric elements for E85.

Aeromotive

Might want to contact Aeromotive to make sure you are using the right filter element for E85.

desert_gypsy

Headbutting the horizon
Established Member
If you still have your PPRV, the high req'd rail pressures of E85 combined with a restrictive fuel filter will make it bleed pressure back into the tank. I would delete the PPRV and move to a 100 micron filter. Just my .02

Turbosnake03

Established Member
ok im going to pull the fuel filter and replace the element...... i talked to the guy who did all of the work on the car and he said that the PPRV delete kit was install on the car....

FWIW

Turbosnake03

Established Member
update i did find out that the car has not had any type of wiring upgrade to the BAP from the battery...... talking with a couple of tuners they said that it could have alot to do with it also..........

what do you guys think???

Black306

Established Member
Wow. BAP, modified FPDM, dual GT pumps, and no wiring upgrade to the BAP?

Just. Wow.

Definitely upgrade the wiring to the BAP. It should go something like this...

dual_fpdm_wiring_with_bap.jpg

Just ignore the lower 'slave' FPDM.

Wow.

fiveohfanatic

ITS STOCK I SWEAR
Established Member
did you ever get your fuel issue resolved? The wiring upgrade is definitely a must. Someone overlooked a $50 upgrade (if that) supporting $1000's in mods. definitely risky considering the FPDC hitting 100% at that low of RPM. A red flag definitely went up when you stated you were running GT pumps/Mod FPDM/BAP.

Users who are viewing this thread