mafia extender and maf sensor questions

meats50

Established Member
I searched the first ten pages and didnt find much and the search button isnt working for me right now as im sure this has been discussed on here many times. Here goes anyway. Im going to run a steggy stage 5 port with torque plate. With ported plenum and accufab tb. I have 60# injectors. Ill be running longtubes. Ill be spraying a wet kit on a wot switch. And have a sctxcal 2 handheld. My question is what do i need as far as a maf sensor is concerned? A friend of mine has a mafia extender He will sell me for next to nothing which he says he ran on pretty well the exact same setup with a stock mass air meter. Im not at all familiar with the extenders or how they work. I was under the assumption i would need to buy an aftermarket meter calibrated to the injector size. So.. mshould i run the extender with stock mass air meter? If so could you kind of explain how it works? Im not completely dumb tho i kno the basic principle of how the sensor reads incoming air according to voltage. Lol. Or should i get an aftermarket peice. If so could you recommend a brand and size. Thanks for any information.

prostkr

Established Member
The mafia maf extender is the one I recommend. They will work with a stock meter. they scale down the voltage and stop it from maxing out. No need to scale the hard parts (not like the ole fox days) the scaling for injectors is done in the tune.

meats50

Established Member
Yea my notch is really the only other car ive messed w as far as tuning and what not so im tryin to learn the ropes when it comes to these. Thanks for the info

meats50

Established Member
Yea ill def be getting it tuned. So next question... anyone kno any reliable tuners in the stl area lol. If from southern illinois. So id be willing to travel a lil ways to a reputable tuner.

Users who are viewing this thread