stock injectors with 2.3 whipple

jimbob8915

Established Member
What is the most power you can get out of stock injectors with a Whipple 2.3. I can install a BAP an mafia but want to keep stock injectors.

injfuel

broke parts again
Established Member
injectors

why would you buy a whipple and then keep stock injectors? makes no sense at all, i ran 60lb. injectors Mafia and bap with stock fuel pumps with kenne bell 2.2 made 600rwhp when you go twin screw you automatically go with 60lb. injectors PERIOD, if you want to keep your stock injectors sell the twin screw put some money in your pocket and bolt the eaton back on, if your trying to run the whipple with stock injectors cause you dont have money to buy them then you shuoldnt have bought the whipple in the first place as injectors go for $300 or less on here all the time, but if you absolutely have to drive your car with the whipple and cant afford injectors you better pulley it for about 13lbs. of boost, so maybe a 4inch upper

03 Indy Cobra

Established Member
I believe Whipple says you can run the stock pulley(13lbs) with no fuel upgrades. I am not sure I would do that. If you do this make sure you get the car on the dyno. My advice to you is just get the injectors because you are going to need them in the future if you up the boost. Your stock injectors might be maxed out or pretty close to maxing out with the stock pulley. Another reason for just getting the injectors with the Whipple install is you will have to pull the blower to change them if you have to upgrade them in the future. The plenum on the Whipple doesn't come off like the Eaton. You are already spending alot of money to upgrade. Save for the injectors JMO.

Last edited:

Black10thSVT

Established Member
Im going to send my stock injectors to have them resized. To 60's. If I ever go E85 ill step up to 80's. There is only 1 or 2 stations for that around here.

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
+1, fuel is something you don't want ignore or try to keep stock injectors. I'd rather be safe than sorry.

03Cobrra

Stroked,Screwed & Sprayed
Established Member
Ill never understand why people spend $3k+ on twin screws to not take advantage of them by cheaping out on a fuel system. Just keep the eaton, its capable of making enough power to max out the fuel system also.

jimbob8915

Established Member
All you guys that think it is because I am cheap are jumping to conclusions. I live in California an want to keep it legal. Now if anybody could just answer the question how much hp can I get with the stock injectors.

jimbob8915

Established Member
Thanks for mentioning that injectors can be resized Black10thSVT, I did not know this. I looked into this an found it is easy to get my factory injectors sized to 60lbs+, an flow matched. The best part is they will still be factory color an part numbers on them.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
So what is California DMV gonna fail your emissions cause your injectors are black instead of blue? I'd hate to have to deal with that..

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Thanks for mentioning that injectors can be resized Black10thSVT, I did not know this. I looked into this an found it is easy to get my factory injectors sized to 60lbs+, an flow matched. The best part is they will still be factory color an part numbers on them.

CA doesn't know what size injectors you have bro. The only thing you can't do changes on is the induction without a carb number and exhaust (midpipe), and manifolds.. I can promise you that going to 60lb injectors won't be noticed at all.

Black306

Established Member
I live in California an want to keep it legal.

Because of the way the EO number is written, you are allowed to change the injectors. You can even go down to a 3.25" pulley. My car had no problem at a pretty strict test-only station. (They failed my Focus for having a collapsed PCV hose.)

The Whipple Charger for Ford vehicles consists of the following main components: Twin Screw Whipple supercharger, intake manifold, bypass valve, 160 degree thermostat to replace the stock thermostat, new air cleaner housing with high-flow element, fuel pump, reflashed ECM, mas air flow sensor, and a set of high flow injectors. Some kits may include an intercooler. The breather hose may be replaced with an SAE30R9 rated hose.

http://arb.ca.gov/msprog/aftermkt/devices/eo/D-231-25.pdf

jimbob8915

Established Member
My 95 GT that I had a Kenne Bell installed on failed a visual inspection because my blue 24lb injectors were not the stock orange 19s.

injfuel

broke parts again
Established Member
fuel

as was stated earlier you could get the same horsepower with a ported blower with a few bolt ons as you could running the whipple at 13lbs. of boost and i know so many people from cali that are running bigger than stock injectors in their cobras, my kenne bell 2.2 came from cali as did my 3.4 whipple and i guarentee you that 3.4 pullied as far down as you could go would need bigger than stock injectors, how are they doing it, just a question i honestly dont know, i know they were tagged and they drove them on the street too

Black306

Established Member
My 95 GT that I had a Kenne Bell installed on failed a visual inspection because my blue 24lb injectors were not the stock orange 19s.

That's because either there was no EO number for that blower or the the EO number had no provision for different injectors. When I had smog enforcement SHOW UP AT MY HOUSE, I made sure to brush up on my smog laws to defend myself against the agent who had a hard on for modified Mustangs. (This was an agent that would even show up to local shows to write down VINs.) I'm telling you, you will not have trouble running 60s with a 2.3 Whipple. If the smog tech gives you trouble, the smog tech is either chicken shit, ignorant, and/or not willing to smog a modified car. In any case,you should just find another tech and not waste your time. If you still insist on running stock injectors, that's your prerogative. :beer:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member

So instead of finding out how to get your twin screw, CAI, exhaust modded Cobra to pass with injectors that will not max out and lean out---> roasting pistons in the process you want to run the ragged edge and probably be past the edge with the mods on your car now.

If you had stock exhaust and paper filter and box you would probably be OK.

But you are not at that level and will run lean. I have not heard of Terminator guys in Cali having injector inspection fails. I think you should do a little more research since you all ready bought the blower...:shrug::bash::poke:

Users who are viewing this thread