How to increase low end power without getting into boost?

digital911

Established Member
How can I add more low end power (say around 2500 RPM to around 3500 RPM) with out pushing the pedal harder, therefor producing more boost?
This would be nice in a daily driver.

mach1033

Established Member
I would say by either getting cams made for low end grunt or get your current cams degreed. either way it's gonna cost ya.

Ironhand

Banned
I would say by either getting cams made for low end grunt or get your current cams degreed. either way it's gonna cost ya.

There is this method yes. But there is also two other ways and that is either cubic inches or compression.

mach1033

Established Member
There is this method yes. But there is also two other ways and that is either cubic inches or compression.

Yup. I would say it's cheaper to add boost. Then there's the big buck method of stroker, cams, porting and compression lol

beastmar

Established Member
I say go for changing the gears. You'll feel more torque and I believe it's going to be the cheapest way.

injfuel

broke parts again
Established Member
low end

i love punching my car, thats the thing about a twin screw or roots type, you want to feel power you just punch it, who wouldnt want to get into the boost, im pissed when i have to ease my car aroun like when im in town, plus i have 4.10 gears with 700hp so its a helluva ride no ,matter what :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread