Need help...P0190, no start, replacing FPRS sensor didnt help

SlickGN

Established Member
Car was running fine, no issues prior. I was coming to a stop and it stalled out. It fired right back up, about 5 mins later i stopped at a store, when i came back out it would not start. It cranks and cranks but will not fire. It throws a P0190 code so today i replaced the FPRS sensor today and no dice, it sill wont start. I started digging around somemore and found that I have no fuel pressure at the rails. I can hear the fuel pumps kick on then then kick right back off(not sure if thats normal). Car has gas, a new fuel filter, fuse is not blown, I'm not sure what the issue is and need help...It has a dual GT supercar and dual FPDM setup, and PPRV was deleted, if that helps.

SlickGN

Established Member
P0190, no start, new FRPS didnt fix it, HELP PLEASE

Tried posting in the tech section and my thread never showed up so sorry if this is the wrong forum....
Car was running fine up to this. Saturday it stalled at a stop sign, started back up fine, 5 minutes later i made a quick stop, came back out and the car will not start, just cranks but no start. I had a P0190 code so i swapped that out with a new frps and it still wont start. I started looking at some other stuff and realized i have no fuel pressure at the rail. I can hear the pumps prime EDIT: they prime for like 2 seconds and cut off, not sure if that's normal or not, when i turn the key on. The car has gas in it, the fuel filter is new. The car has dual GT supercar pumps and dual fpdms and the pprv delete it that helps. Thanks in advance, i need help with this the car is stranded at a buddies house over and hour away from mine.

Last edited:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
It is not uncommon for the car to be in a highly flooded state after an FRPS fail.

Restarts are often very difficult or impossible depending on how wet the plugs got and how much fuel sucked into the intake through the vacuum lines.

You can lean it out while cranking by putting the gas to the floor, this shuts the injectors right off.
After some cranking at WOT it may try to catch, if it does you will need to use about 1/4 throttle or there abouts to get it to rev some, so it will clean itself out.

If this does not work you may have to remove and dry your plugs. If they come out dripping it would probably be a good idea to spin the engine over with them out, to expel the abundance of fuel.

Be careful, spraying fuel and coils sparking at the same time is a dangerous situation.:burn:

mtnrunner

Established Member
It is not uncommon for the car to be in a highly flooded state after an FRPS fail.

Restarts are often very difficult or impossible depending on how wet the plugs got and how much fuel sucked into the intake through the vacuum lines.

You can lean it out while cranking by putting the gas to the floor, this shuts the injectors right off.
After some cranking at WOT it may try to catch, if it does you will need to use about 1/4 throttle or there abouts to get it to rev some, so it will clean itself out.

If this does not work you may have to remove and dry your plugs. If they come out dripping it would probably be a good idea to spin the engine over with them out, to expel the abundance of fuel.

Be careful, spraying fuel and coils sparking at the same time is a dangerous situation.:burn:

This happened to my friend's car and it was flooded so bad that fuel washed down the cylinder walls and filled up the oil pan. The car would not start until we did an oil change (estimate over 4 quarts of fuel was in the oil after draining it) and put fresh plugs in it.

I would suggest just letting the cylinders air dry. we moved the coil packs completely out of the way and tried cranking it to force the fuel out. Due to the friction from the cylinder walls being washed down the car shot 8 flame throwers out of the plug holes catching my arm on fire with liquid fuel in the process. Thankfully the fire was put out quickly by just using compressed air but this is what happened with the fuel pump fuse pulled and cranking with the coil packs out of the way. Friction on its own caused the flames.

This car was so flooded that it had tons of liquid fuel still in the exhaust. when we finally got it started it spit out tons of fuel straight out of the back.

IMG_0255.jpg

SlickGN

Established Member
got it, dropped the tank to take a look since i didnt have any other ideas. It ended up being a line from the PPRV delete came off so the pumps werent getting the fuel to the rails. Guess it popped the 0190 code because there was no fuel pressure.

SlickGN

Established Member
sorry guys i had two threads because this one didnt show up for a while...i did unplug the FPRS and that didnt work, plugs looked good and the vac line didnt really smell of fuel. I didnt have any other ideas so i dropped the tank. A fuel line from the PPRV delete had come off from the Y to the hat so no fuel was getting to the rails. I guess the 0190 code was getting thrown due to no fuel pressure in the rails.

Users who are viewing this thread