Fuel requirements for 3.4 whipple

strong_j

Established Member
So I was wondering what kind of fuel requirements there when putting on a whipple 3.4. I just bought one and now I need to do some fuel upgrade, but I would like it to be on the budget factor.
My shop just made 680rwhp on one with no effort at all so that's all I'm hoping for as well.

The only fuel mods I have is a KB BAP and PPRV delete.
The only thing I really know I need, is 80lb injectors.
What else do y'all recommend??

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
In all honesty I keep seeing more and more people re-doing their fuel systems for the 2nd time.. I would do it once and do it right.. Triple fore fuel hat with 3 walbros, -8 feed line, FORE rails, 80lb injectors, FORE regulator and -6 return.. You will never need another fuel system again..

Last edited:

strong_j

Established Member
Lol. I actually just bought that kit for my s197. It's a great kit but after buying this whipple my funds are pretty depleted. I can safely say that the cobra will never go above 700.
I'm trying to keep the cobra a fun car and the s197 the race car.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
ahh gotcha.. well then I would say probably dual GT pumps with BAP's and 80's will work.. That should be enough if you are never going to go above 700rwhp.

strong_j

Established Member
Ok sweet. U think a return setup is necessary?? Looks like lethal has a budget return setup for $900. 2 walboros, fore hat, then lines.

Thx for the help bro bro.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Ok sweet. U think a return setup is necessary?? Looks like lethal has a budget return setup for $900. 2 walboros, fore hat, then lines.

Thx for the help bro bro.

I really like the return setup. It's easier to tune and safer imo.. running FPDM's and BAP's and upgraded this and that just seems like more shit to break. With a simple return setup it's pretty easy.. I found honestly go with the return setup you just mentioned..

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
I can't say that I understand the logic of buying a 3.4 for a sub 700 rwhp power goal.

You can hit over 700 with a much cheaper 2.3.

This already purchased, 3.4 is also going to be supplied with a "just enough" fuel system?

These are shoot for the moon blowers, that can make huge power with enough fuel.

Are you going to re-do the fuel system later on and pulley up for more power then?

If not why did you buy a 3.4? I am really curious.

strong_j

Established Member
I can't say that I understand the logic of buying a 3.4 for a sub 700 rwhp power goal.

You can hit over 700 with a much cheaper 2.3.

This already purchased, 3.4 is also going to be supplied with a "just enough" fuel system?

These are shoot for the moon blowers, that can make huge power with enough fuel.

Are you going to re-do the fuel system later on and pulley up for more power then?

If not why did you buy a 3.4? I am really curious.

Ok soo my shop had the evolution prototype whipple 3.4 with the first custom made crusher inlet, single blade throttle body and jlt intake. All for 3500. I just couldn't pass up the deal.

Now the reason I'm going budget on the cobra is I have an s197 that is my "race" car. Built MMR block, race heads, whipple 2.3, zex nitrous, cams, and the lethal 3 pump fuel system.
And I'm running out of money for car parts. Lol

I'm wanting to keep the cobra in the "fun" factor and stay on pump gas. :)

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Ok soo my shop had the evolution prototype whipple 3.4 with the first custom made crusher inlet, single blade throttle body and jlt intake. All for 3500. I just couldn't pass up the deal.

Now the reason I'm going budget on the cobra is I have an s197 that is my "race" car. Built MMR block, race heads, whipple 2.3, zex nitrous, cams, and the lethal 3 pump fuel system.
And I'm running out of money for car parts. Lol

I'm wanting to keep the cobra in the "fun" factor and stay on pump gas. :)

Then I would put the 3.4 on the race car, and put the 2.3 on this one.:beer:

strong_j

Established Member
Trust me I would love too, but the 3.4 whipple does not fit on the s197 3v motor.
The shop called whipple to see if there was any kind of conversion and they said no. They are currently working on a conversion for the 2.9 though but no release date.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Do you have E85 in your area?

If so I would just wait until I could afford to supply enough corn to keep it happy at high boost and then take full advantage of your awesome bargain.

Because killing pistons on a lean out is an exceedingly bad but possible outcome if you don't have funds right now for a real deal fuel system.

strong_j

Established Member
Yes they're is an e85 station right in front of my house actually. Only reason I did e85 in the s197.
So u think the fuel system I'm looking at is not safe enough for 680?? Maybe further down the road if I ever decide to pull the motor and build it I'll do more power and bigger fuel, but just wanting something fun and not crazy expensive right now. And the blower needs to go on cause I sold my eaton to offset the price alittle bit.

Users who are viewing this thread