What numbers should I see whipple 2.3 gen 2

KILRSVT

Established Member
Hey guys almost done with my car I managed to blow up my T56 a couple of months ago which caused my car to sit for months. I also installed a gen II 2.3 whipple with a 3.5 upper. I wanna hit 550hp and would like torque to past 490.... Mods are as follow

2.3 whipple gen 2 :rolling:
3.5 pulley
100mm tb
foire fuel rails
60# injectors
ford gt pumps
fiore hat
off road x pipe
afco dual pass
I think that's all the engine mods ... What should my a/f be at and how much timing..hopefully these are the ingredients to hit my desire hp and tq thanks in advance guys!!!

Last edited:

KILRSVT

Established Member
Forgot to mention TR6's gapped at 30 gates belt as well hopefully no slip... Everytime I hit the dyno same story with the belt slip

03Snake04

! Sonic Boom !
Established Member
i dont think 550 will be easy with the stock pulley .. you would require a more aggresive tune to hit that mark imo

i would think the stock upper would net around 530ish

your a/f is based upon what you want your car to be tuned like

if you wanna try and reach 550 it will need to be more lean.. maybe in the 11.8-11.9 area

to be conservative then have it be set lower around 11.5-11.6

03Snake04

! Sonic Boom !
Established Member
is there a reason you dont wanna slap on a 3" upper and up the boost to around 18lbs?

KILRSVT

Established Member
I do open track events .... After a while during continuous hi revs the heat does settle in I figure a 3.5 pullley would be ok ... I can live with 530 don't really need much hp going through road course...530 would be good for now.

Last edited:

mach1033

Established Member
Your using 91 correct? With a 3.5 pulley you shouldn't have any slip especially if you have a snubber. Here is a pic of mine.
169622[/ATTACH]"]
Picture009.jpg

Attachments

• Picture009.jpg
    Picture009.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 44

KILRSVT

Established Member
Sounds good I should have no slip....your engine bay looks awesome! And yeah I'm getting tuned on 91 octane

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
I have a 3.50 upper and all stock idlers, tensioners and lower... and I have zero belt slip.:-D
I actually don't know which gen Whipple my blower is, but I think it is 1st gen.(AIX???--I bought right about the time of transition)
I have stock logs and stock cats.
JLT 12" high boost CAI, I wanted very low inlet resistance.(but on a low boost car :-D)

With yours being catless and being a Gen II, you might get there.
Mine is a 93 octane e-mail RWTD tune. I don't know if the 91 is going to kill it for you but I would just go for some safety and not worry too much about the actual power number.

Maybe have an additional open track tune done, that is a bit fat with conservative hot engine tolerant timing.

Mod link and numbers in sig.

Black306

Established Member
I think you would be very close. My car has similar mods, but I'm running a stock throttle body and stock cats. Plus, my tune is fairly conservative with an af ratio of 10.6. My car put down 552rwhp STD. SAE numbers were about 530-533.

03Snake04

! Sonic Boom !
Established Member
no matter the #s it actually makes... a 2.3 whipple tuned on 91 octane even at a low 13lbs is going to feel GREAT when you mash it

you will :) all day

KILRSVT

Established Member
I bet it will feel great when I step on the throttle! 530 at the wheels is a lot of hp no matter how you cut it. Even if I hit 530 it would be more around 550 my tuners dyno reads low.. Everybody tells me they'll make 20hp more on others dyno.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread