anybody using one of the LFP intercoolers ? of are they junk ?

mmustangsrus

boost makes daddy happy
Established Member
i was searching for "the correct name " of some parts i had when i was making a mod list for my tuner & came across this & was just wondering if anybody is using one or has any reviews on it ??? i`ve had good luck with my LFP rad. & LFP h/e so i was kinda thing about giving it a shot. :shrug:

Lightning_Intercooler_81332_84943.jpg

LFP Extreme Intercooler Chiller Core 2003-04 SVT Cobra at LightningForcePerformance.com - Your American Muscle Parts Depot

if it works like it says so it could be good for us all !!!!

especially us open track guys :rockon:

yes i drag race mine cause i like to & there is more drag strips around me than open track days

04DeadShort

SVT Addict
Established Member
From what I've read, the benefits don't justify the price. That is just me. I would take that money and invest in a Killer Chiller. Maybe others will chime in.

Kwik03DSG

Established Member
its not needed. I dont know the specifics of the 03/04 cobra intercooler, but there was a detailed discussion in the Ford GT section of this forum that questioned the cooling capability of the FGT water-to-air intercooler. It was pretty much determined that it was efficient until 1000 rwhp. The cobra intercooler might not be capable of as much if it is smaller dimensionally, but like 04DeadShort said, the gains from installing the intercooler dont justify the money spent; an item like the killer Chiller would produce much better cooling gains for less money.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
its not needed. I dont know the specifics of the 03/04 cobra intercooler, but there was a detailed discussion in the Ford GT section of this forum that questioned the cooling capability of the FGT water-to-air intercooler. It was pretty much determined that it was efficient until 1000 rwhp. The cobra intercooler might not be capable of as much if it is smaller dimensionally, but like 04DeadShort said, the gains from installing the intercooler dont justify the money spent; an item like the killer Chiller would produce much better cooling gains for less money.

This!
Plus---> Even though I have an LFP dual pass H/E that does work well, I have an LFP rad that leaked after just 3 years.

I don't trust these guys anymore. I don't trust the independent testing statement either, notice they did not post up the test results or info on who did it?

For open track I would do a Killer chiller and re-route the lines so that the hot exit water goes right to the H/E Then to the chiller and into the intercooler.

I think a Killer Chiller is where I would spend my money, not at LFP.:nonono:

mmustangsrus

boost makes daddy happy
Established Member
thanks guys !!! i`m planning on doing the K.C. anyways its on my mod todo list

& yea i was kinda thinking it was a little to much money just to buy it & "see if it works"

346CamaroSS

Established Member
I wouldn't give $0.0000001 to LFP after reading about what happened with the Hilton overlay fiasco.

GodStang

Established Member
The only intercooler that ever got real gains was when they modded a Ford GT intercooler for an 03 Cobra. The only reason it gained was the fact that it flowed more air. The only benefit I can see to these after market ones is if your intercooler has a leak and you need a new one and if they are cheaper than stock.

Users who are viewing this thread