My PPRV Delete

Ortiz99

Established Member
Im not sure if this is where it goes but if its not mods please move. Thanks.

I've had a PPRV delete and was never fully satisfied because I would always worry about the hose kinking, cracking, or just coming off. It is also expensive as balls to do. I talked to a friend (perezer79) and both him and I decided to give a product a try. Its a hose that already comes with the "ribs" so it wont kink, it also gets heat shrunk into the Y fitting and fuel hat so it'll stay there, plus you can always add a clamp just for added insurance.

Here is the product both him and I bought.

http://www.adautoparts.com/pprv-delete-hose-kits-p-55.html

He tried it out on his car first and has nothing but good things to say about it. He bought three of them and replaced all the stock hoses with it. I only took off the line where the pprv is and replaced it with the 12" hose.

I had a really hard time trying to get the hose to fit since I dont have a heat gun so I grabbed some boiling water and dipped it in there to soften it up. Once that was done it fit nice and snug in the fuel hat outlet. Here is a pick of it:

IMG_20110323_172605.jpg

I added the clamp for added insurance. I tried to do the boiling water trick for the Y fitting but it was too big for the hose to fit in there without the heat gun. I decided to grab a punch, heat it up, and twisted back and forth going deeper into the hose making room for the fitting. Once it was big enough I dipped into the boiling water so it'll loosen up again and get heat shrunk once installed into the fitting.

Here is the pic for the Y fitting:

IMG_20110323_181350.jpg

Once it shrunk down I put in a hose clamp for the added insurance (Make sure its still soft when you install the clamp). I put everything back into the tank and fired her up. Car ran prestine and perezer79's car is as well. Hopefully he comes in here and posts up his pics. These are the only ones I took off of my car but he has more pics to show the rest of the people that may be interested.

We did this for the purpose of testing a very cheap method of doing the PPRV delete and getting rid of all the kinks, cracking, and hoses coming off problems that people have experienced in the past. So far so good, thanks for reading :dancenana:

Last edited:

EvilBlack

04 Sickness
Established Member
Good work, sounds better than the expensive fuel line that is a pain to get from the parts store.

JAYSVT06

Established Member
Correct me if I'm wrong,

So all I have to do is just install this "hose" and reuse the stock Y tubing and it will be a PPRV delete all for under 10 bux? This sounds awesome! Im dropping my tank next week to install Ford GT pumps and i might as well do this while i have it down cause my car has insane hesitation inbetween shifts.

Ortiz99

Established Member
Correct me if I'm wrong,

So all I have to do is just install this "hose" and reuse the stock Y tubing and it will be a PPRV delete all for under 10 bux? This sounds awesome! Im dropping my tank next week to install Ford GT pumps and i might as well do this while i have it down cause my car has insane hesitation inbetween shifts.

Yes sir that's all you have to do :beer:

perezer79

Established Member
Just like Ortiz99 said, we wanted to try this tubing because I ended up having kinks from the gates hose that I used. My pumps were idling at a 25% duty cycle. I did this pprv delete but haven't datalogged it. But I am definitely sure that the duty has dropped because there are no kinks in this type of hose whatsoever. The seller on Ebay that sells the 12" tubing also sells 7" tubing as well. Here are a few pics of my setup:

8552169c.gif

02cac854.gif

94f62f9e.gif

cd119fda.gif

Last edited:

Ortiz99

Established Member
That is great!!! Thanks for posting this! Just ordered me a hose off ebay
i almost pulled the trigger n bought the 100 dollar one from lethal.. this saved me a alot!
:banana:

That's great man. Hopefully this will save other members some money and won't have to worry about kinks either :)

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
I could not find any product description in the eBay ad?

Sorry for the stupid question, but where is the information on whether the hose is rated to be fully submersible and what the working pressure and burst pressure is?:shrug:

For reference, I found this for the Gates submersible fuel line:
Engineered for constant contact with gasoline (and other liquid petroleum distillates) on the inside and the outside
Meets the SAE 30R10 specification for submersible fuel line hose applications
Fluoroelastomer (FKM) tubed cover resists gas permeation and retards aging
Working pressure = 100 psi
Burst pressure = 500 psi

Last edited:

Ortiz99

Established Member

Sorry for the stupid question, but where is the information on whether the hose is rated to be fully submersible and what the working pressure and burst pressure is?:shrug:

Engineered for constant contact with gasoline (and other liquid petroleum distillates) on the inside and the outside
Burst pressure = 500 psi

Back when I bought it I was worried about the same thing because I hate dropping the tank with the IRS. I did not get the working pressure or burst pressure info. I did get an email back saying that this is the exact same material that the stock lines are made of so its rated at whatever the stock hoses are rated at is my guess. I will look through my old emails and see if I got any more specific emails from the seller :beer:.

RISaleen281

Crazy SVT Poster
Established Member

Burst pressure = 500 psi

Great write-up and awesome idea guys!!

Booky brings up a very valid concern, that I am worried about as well...

Ortiz99

Established Member
Great write-up and awesome idea guys!!

Booky brings up a very valid concern, that I am worried about as well...

The hose is submersible if that is your concern. I do not have the information he is seeking but being that its made out of the same material as stock I wouldnt lose any sleep over it :shrug:

03 svt

Established Member
I think the op is right. I watched all the videos and how to's for pprv delete and pump uprades. It seems to me that this line is a great solution. This same type of line comes pre installed on the GT40 pumps. Ford didn't use it because it was cheap, I'm reasonably sure they used it because it doesn't kink. So If it is good enough for their super car than I think it's ok for ours. Besides when you flatten out the rubber line in the bends it can't possibly flow any better than stock line. Also no matter what I.D the rubber hose may be we are still restricted by the Y fitting and ultimatley the fuel filter is the major limiting factor. Having said all that I'm only replacing the line with check valve in it. Congrats to OP thanks dude:beer:

Ortiz99

Established Member
I think the op is right. I watched all the videos and how to's for pprv delete and pump uprades. It seems to me that this line is a great solution. This same type of line comes pre installed on the GT40 pumps. Ford didn't use it because it was cheap, I'm reasonably sure they used it because it doesn't kink. So If it is good enough for their super car than I think it's ok for ours. Besides when you flatten out the rubber line in the bends it can't possibly flow any better than stock line. Also no matter what I.D the rubber hose may be we are still restricted by the Y fitting and ultimatley the fuel filter is the major limiting factor. Having said all that I'm only replacing the line with check valve in it. Congrats to OP thanks dude:beer:

Thanks man but Perezer79 did most of the testing between these hoses and the Gates one. He is around the 400rwhp mark and im around the 500rwhp mark and both of our hoses are doing just fine :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread