engine knocking... then it went away?

scorched

Established Member
th_VID_20110322_122211.gif

this is the sound my motor was making last week (mods in sig), had plans to take it to my tuner (jdm) to look at it tomorrow.

so, i started the car today to make sure my battery wasnt dead, it has been kind of cold lately and my battery drains down a little to far if i dont start it every so often. so i started the car, and after about 20 seconds of the car running, the knocking completely stopped. it idled a little rough for about a minute and then it smoothed out. now, the motor is making no sounds at all, not a knock or a tap. nothing

i drove it around my block, and the car felt perfectly normal (it drove normal even while kocking). i then let it get into a little boost, still fine. a gave it about 3/4 throttle after that, stretching its legs a little. same deal. no knocking whatsoever.

so my question is now this. what could make that knocking sound, and then go away on its own?

any ideas?
jake

Last edited:

Quagmire

Established Member
check your front belt. remove it then start car good way to eliminate engine and 2nd drive

scorched

Established Member
no, hadnt been sitting, it had been pretty warm here for a few weeks and had been driving it fairly regularly

GoatSlayer

Banned
When my car had a rod bearing going out, it used to make that noise at start up especially in the cold, but once the car warmed up it went away.

Quagmire

Established Member
Ya sorry belt is off. Urmm check for metal in oil and look in heads see if you can see anything weird, e.g. rocker lose.

98 Roush

Established Member
Yea I don't think its rod bearings. I dont think the knock would go away. My comes back when I take it to wot sometime knocks for a min and goes away.

Last edited:

98 Roush

Established Member
The reason I'm bring this thread back up cause I'm having the exact same some problem and I have no clue what it is. It comes when I wot and come to a stop for a minute,,, then it goes away. Anybody Help Please

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread