oil filter relocation ????

65wildstang

Established Member
I have installed a oil filter relocation kit in my mustang. I was ordering all my stainless hoses & fittings from summit for the oil kit and powersteering and hydroboost conversion. After plumbing the oil filter relocation kit with the -8an hoses & fittings ,i was concerned that the diameter may be to small? I read somewhere -12an was recommended and -10an was the minimum hose diameter recommended. I am limited for space underhood also. Should I just start over & use the -10 or am i worrying over nothing? Thanks

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
I have installed a oil filter relocation kit in my mustang. I was ordering all my stainless hoses & fittings from summit for the oil kit and powersteering and hydroboost conversion. After plumbing the oil filter relocation kit with the -8an hoses & fittings ,i was concerned that the diameter may be to small? I read somewhere -12an was recommended and -10an was the minimum hose diameter recommended. I am limited for space underhood also. Should I just start over & use the -10 or am i worrying over nothing? Thanks

-8 sounds small to me.:nonono:

Ironhand

Banned
Yes -8 is to small and will cause issues. -10 is the normal size with -12 being for more of a road race type of car. I have a remote mount on my car and the FRPP mount is -10 fittings to a -10 o ring fitting that screws into the mount itself. The MM remote mount filter adapter also uses the same fittings and sizes.

65wildstang

Established Member
Thanks for the help guys. I will place a order for the -10an hoses & fittings and replumb. That was also the size I planned on plumbing my heat exchanger also. Damn an fittings are priced ridiculous. Thanks again:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread