Car cutting out over 6000 RPMS?

Qcksnk

Established Member
Alright guys you can see in my sig what I have done. I have been experiencing car cutting out after shifting over 6000 rpms. I have checked the plug gap which I set at .32. I am running the Autolite XP 103. Could it be the tune? Should I try NGK TR6? Should I change the gap? Any input will help!!!:shrug: Kind of feel like its bucking as if the traction control is on. The tune has it set to be off permanently.

Thanks!!

Last edited:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Can you data log MAF counts?

I don't see a MAF of MAFia in your mods and you have a ported blower with a pretty small pulley, stock MAF might be pegging.

That results in a hard lean out.

cbr repsol

Established Member
Why would you rev it more?....my dyno graph power fell off at around 6200. Unless you have cams , that would change your power band.

Qcksnk

Established Member
Why would you rev it more?....my dyno graph power fell off at around 6200. Unless you have cams , that would change your power band.
I do shift at 6 most of the time. Even if I go to 6200 it bucks. I do know that my torque falls off tremendously at 5500. I just want to make sure that this is supposed to happen? I am coming from the z06 world so all new to me:??:

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
My guess is the tune is way off up top. Let's see some data. Plugs are inexpensive and take about 10 minutes to change. Throw a set of NGK TR6's in just to be sure that it's not the plugs. It can't hurt.

bigmoose

Established Member
If you stay in it does it all of a sudden come back alive? If so I would bet pprv. Mine did the same thing you are experiencing. Removing the pprv fixed it.

Sent from my HTC

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
I always thought PPRV was in between shifts and never in a gear under full throttle. At least the 2 times mine did it that's when it happened. If the car is breaking up under a load in gear I don't think it can be the PPRV.

Alternator?

Users who are viewing this thread