blower needle bearing grease?

duststang

Do U Kno The Terminator?
Established Member
So i have my S/C off disassembled and cleaned. First off Im wondering if it is Mobile 1 10w30 that can be used in the snout? And second, the grease in the needle bearings a high temp bluish grease that eaton used. Im not sure what to put back in those bearings. I found a tube of Mobile 1 synthetic grease at advance auto, but not sure if that will hold up to the temps those bearings take. Any advice?

TorchRedSVT

Established Member
So i have my S/C off disassembled and cleaned. First off Im wondering if it is Mobile 1 10w30 that can be used in the snout? And second, the grease in the needle bearings a high temp bluish grease that eaton used. Im not sure what to put back in those bearings. I found a tube of Mobile 1 synthetic grease at advance auto, but not sure if that will hold up to the temps those bearings take. Any advice?

I used the Mobil 1 Synthetic grease in mine. From what I have heard almost any high temp grease is suitable as long as it is synthetic. As for the snout oil Mobil 1 10w30 should work fine. I use Royal Purple 10w30 (just my preference) should take about 8oz or maybe less to fill the snout.

duststang

Do U Kno The Terminator?
Established Member
Ok kool, thanks man. I will probably use the same things. Including the royal purple 10w30. Sounds like a little better choice. I cant wait to get this monster back together

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
Why would anyone not want to just do it right and use the OEM supercharger oil??? The Ford and GM stuff is the same, but much cheaper at a GM dealer.

The oil made by Nye, and there have been dozens of threads about it. Regular oil will "work", but it is NOT the correct fluid and has different properties than what is meant to be used in a closed system...

http://productsearch.nyelubricants.com/pdf/TDS_English_SYNTHETIC OIL 605.pdf

duststang

Do U Kno The Terminator?
Established Member
I meant to call the dealership today to see if i could get some of that. I will tomorrow. If its not really expensive and is available without ordering, then i will get the Nye.

Users who are viewing this thread