Fan issues & Car Got Hot, NEED HELP!!

madmaxmustang

Established Member
Hey Guys I am looking for some help, and trust me I have been searching like no other and cannot find out where to start.

Here is what happened, being detailed just in case...

So I was driving home from work (20 Miles) in 100 degree weather with the A/C on, and about 4 blocks from my house the A/C started blowing hot. I turned off the A/c and started watching the Temp gauage. It started climbing past the straight up mark getting hotter.

I got home and parked it with out it getting too hot. I Let it cool for a while and then started it back up to see if fan was running or making any noises. The car wasnt up to normal temp yet, so I turned on the A/C and it was blowing cold and I heard the fan turn on with no weird noises. So I turned the A/C off and the fan turned off as expected, so I let the car warm all the way up, then the Fan came back on as normal, turned on the A/C again and its cold and the car is staying at the normal temp???

I am trying to figure out what caused the car to get hot? Is the Fan bad, possibly the High Speed is out? Any Relays possibly bad? How to test the fan?

I did check the 50 amp fuse under the hood and it was good, so I am not sure what the problem is, and afraid to drive it now....

Please help, I know that these cobras have fan issues, but I was hoping that someone has experienced my issue before?

Car Details - 03 10th Anny Cobra Coupe: 2.8 Pulley, Diablo Tune, UPR CAI, Bassani O/R X, Flowmaster catback.

Thanks!

DHGTerminator

aka The "Bullsnake"
Established Member
Hey Guys I am looking for some help, and trust me I have been searching like no other and cannot find out where to start.

Here is what happened, being detailed just in case...

So I was driving home from work (20 Miles) in 100 degree weather with the A/C on, and about 4 blocks from my house the A/C started blowing hot. I turned off the A/c and started watching the Temp gauage. It started climbing past the straight up mark getting hotter.

I got home and parked it with out it getting too hot. I Let it cool for a while and then started it back up to see if fan was running or making any noises. The car wasnt up to normal temp yet, so I turned on the A/C and it was blowing cold and I heard the fan turn on with no weird noises. So I turned the A/C off and the fan turned off as expected, so I let the car warm all the way up, then the Fan came back on as normal, turned on the A/C again and its cold and the car is staying at the normal temp???

I am trying to figure out what caused the car to get hot? Is the Fan bad, possibly the High Speed is out? Any Relays possibly bad? How to test the fan?

I did check the 50 amp fuse under the hood and it was good, so I am not sure what the problem is, and afraid to drive it now....

Please help, I know that these cobras have fan issues, but I was hoping that someone has experienced my issue before?

Car Details - 03 10th Anny Cobra Coupe: 2.8 Pulley, Diablo Tune, UPR CAI, Bassani O/R X, Flowmaster catback.

Thanks!

Mine did this before and then never did it again, exact same circumstances. I honestly just marked it down as a sticking thermostat, although it's possible your alternator could be going out, and thus it is not able to give your car the power it needs to get the fans going. My alternator is starting to go out, and it's doing not only that, but also isn't running the intercooler pump once the car is started up for a couple minutes.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Check the connections, check if there is air in the crossover under the burp plug.

If there is enough air the temp sender tells the PCM bogus temps and the fan won't come on.

If air is getting in rad cap might be bad.

Users who are viewing this thread