Another Car wont start thread..Please help

Nastystang

Tell Em Hells Coming!
Established Member
Well i drove the car to work yesterday and started fine and took it out to lunch and started and drove fine.When i came out to go home the car was completely dead.No interior lights or nothing.So my friend tried to jump me off with his suburu and nothing!
So then we went and got a jump box and the car started right up.

On the way home the car drove fine except the radio went completly off and then came back on.The car has sat at my house overnight and went out and tried to start it this morning and same thing NO POWER.

With the stuff that i have stated above am i looking at a battery or the ol altenator?? Thanks for any help and sorry for the long story:beer:

95PGTTech

Established Member
Start with the battery, it's clearly on its way out (or already there). After replacement, check for parasitic draws and get the alternator checked out. If you're on the OEM battery, it may just be its time, but there also may be an underlying issue that will kill your new battery and leave you stranded again.

And the normal obvious checks like make sure the battery cables are tight and free of corrosion, all OEM grounds are in place, no loose or corroded fuses, etc.

Nastystang

Tell Em Hells Coming!
Established Member
The battery cables are tight and everything seems to tight on all the wires...The car just hit 60k with the factory battery.I just didnt want to throw a battery at it if not needed.Thanks

1wild-horse

Purveyor of missed information
Established Member
charge the batt. fully and then have it load checked. check alt. output with a multimeter at the battery. should be charging 14 volts with no loads. you need to make sure the alt is charging even if you do need a batt. because you will kill your new battery without the alt, to maintain the charge

Last edited:

Nastystang

Tell Em Hells Coming!
Established Member
Well had it checked out today and its def the altenator..Guess i gotta change her out.

One last question what size amp should i get i see some that are 110 and some that are 135?

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread