03 cobra cooling questions

ls1pwr5

Established Member
I have an 03 cobra and am looking for where to start with cooling mods, can someone help please....I have CAI, 2.76 pulley, Tune, lt headers with or x pipe and 3 inch exhaust all the way through

I was looking into the following so far:

Lethal Performance 03-04 Cobra I/C and Radiator Tank Combo
Heat Exchanger, dont know which one is the best??
170 degree thermostate
do I need a new radiator? or is stock sufficient?

any other advice, please let me know...I am looking at cooling both motor and blower for better ET at the track and to prevent any damage on both

Also what does the Lethal Performance GEN 2 Head Cooling Mod do?? I saw it on Lethal's website and was curious on what it does...

thanks

Last edited:

cobracide

Established Member
170* thermostat
LDC/Chicago head cooling mod
killer chiller with drag pack, larger HE tank OR
dual pass HE, maybe a trunk mounted HE tank to fill with ice.

Monitor the hell out of your temps. Coolant, IAT2, oil temp, head temps.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Start with one of these 170* stats specifically. Accept no substitute.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...ostat-cooling-system-reische-performance.html

Reprogram cooling fan kick points as instructed after Tstat install.

Make sure hood air extractor vent flaps are removed and lower radiator air dam is not damaged or missing.

Do ALL of these before you buy any radiators, H/Es or head cooling mods.

Make sure your I/C pump has not become intermittent, if it's still the original, IT'S OLD.

Also make sure your cooling fan spins freely when spun by hand. Make sure no blades show any cracks. If it's original IT'S OLD.

If your coolant is more than 4 years old, IT'S OLD, put fresh antifreeze and water(filtered bottled drinking water preferred) in.
A new 50/50 coolant mix will not cool better, it will however give you renewed corrosion protection because that part of the antifreeze breaks down after as little as 4 years, and then things begin to corrode.

Your coolant will transfer heat better if your water percentage is moved higher than the normal 50/50 water/antifreeze, however supplementing corrosion protection MUST BE ADDRESSED. Also if you go too far for your area freeze protection will be reduced and freeze damage can occur.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...option-fluidyne-other-aluminum-radiators.html

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread