Alternator

u1cobra

Established Member
I need your help to Japan's Terminator.

My alternator dead last night.
Please let me know, which alternator you guys recommend.
Manufacturer, part#, price, where I can buy, I want to know every information.

I need OEM or similar parts.

Thanks

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
Get with jamie at Start n' Charge, he makes the best alternators for our cars hand down, and stand behind our product. Look at Jimmy's sticky, I believe he has his email and everything in there.

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
Here's an old post of mine from the big Alternator thread.

Try Jamie at [email protected] his shop burned down awhile back but as far as I know hes back up and running. By far the best alternator for our cars that are out there.

EDIT by Jimmysidecarr: -->Thanks Tim!!!
From Reisch Performance website:
170° PERFORMANCE THERMOSTAT for Mustang Shelby GT500, Boss 302, Cobra, Lightning, GT & Mach 1

Start 'n Charge Performance Alternators
Jamie McClinton - Owner

for late model Mustang and Lightning
Assembled with the absolute highest quality U.S.
made components currently available!
$250-$300 depending upon app. and amperage
Call (509) 447-0289 to order.

04svtcobrablack

Established Member
My alternator also took a dump on me yesterday night. my bro and I were just cruzing around all of a sudden I was going to make a right turn and the car died on me tried to start it but the battery was dead so we put my brothers battery on and it fired up, we were like lets see if its charging the battery we took of one cable and it stalled. had to drive it home with my brothers battery and we were like 25 minutes away. Thank god we made it home without towing her lol.

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
I was about 5 miles from my house when it went out, I had to be jumped about 16 times in between there and home. I missed the first half of the Texas/Bama NC game, I wish I could of seen McCoy go down (OU fan). Car screwed me out of it lol.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
My Motorcraft OE replacement, slowed down with a 3.2 Metco alternator pulley, is going on three years old now.

When and if this one goes I believe I will go with a Start N Charge next time.

It this point in time however I am waiting for the more likely scenario of my I/C pump and cooling fan to finally tank.

Especially since I have been daily driving it for the last 3 weeks.

Tims97SVT

Established Member
My alternator also took a dump on me yesterday night. my bro and I were just cruzing around all of a sudden I was going to make a right turn and the car died on me tried to start it but the battery was dead so we put my brothers battery on and it fired up, we were like lets see if its charging the battery we took of one cable and it stalled. had to drive it home with my brothers battery and we were like 25 minutes away. Thank god we made it home without towing her lol.

Do not take off a battery cable to see if the alt is charging!!! You can not do that with an alternator! It will max charge because there is no reference voltage. All your going to do is burn it up. This is old school mechanics that will only work with a generator.

Blueline

Established Member
^ This.....

Def. no no to take one cable off to see if the alt. is charging.

Last edited:

u1cobra

Established Member
Thank you guys.:beer:
I'll get an OEM from ttk53, a member of svtp.
I'll get a Start n' Charge alternator if he can't ship it to Japan.

Thanks again,
Yuichi

Users who are viewing this thread