retune? switched to o/r x

ITS STOCK

Established Member
hey everyone, i just switched my stock h-pipe over to an or/x pipe.

do i need to get a retune?

thanks,
John

ITS STOCK

Established Member
Complete power related mod list?:shrug:

sorry jimmy, yea that would kinda help eh, hehe

stieg stage 4 ported blower
stock ported tb
egr delete
2.76 upper with all ilders
jlt cold air
sct 2400 maf, might me 2600
kb bap
drilled t-stat
ngkr br7ef plugs
pypyes or//x with borla stinger catback
ngk afx wide band, aeroforce guage
sct tunner/ tuned by hpp
engine pic in sig

so what exaclty does it do when changing from cated, to a non cated mid-pipe? as far as the tune goes?

Last edited:

Blueline

Established Member
your going to lose maybe a pound or so of boost. If anything the car may run a smidge richer. You will be fine.

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
Unless your rear 02's are turned off the Cobra might throw a CEL light

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
sorry jimmy, yea that would kinda help eh, hehe

stieg stage 4 ported blower
stock ported tb
egr delete
2.76 upper with all ilders
jlt cold air
sct 2400 maf, might me 2600
kb bap
drilled t-stat
ngkr br7ef plugs
pypyes or//x with borla stinger catback
ngk afx wide band, aeroforce guage
sct tunner/ tuned by hpp
engine pic in sig

so what exaclty does it do when changing from cated, to a non cated mid-pipe? as far as the tune goes?

Thanks for the mod list!
It allows more air to go through the engine, the MAF/tune/PCM/pumps and injectors just need to be able to keep up with the increased amount of air.

Since you built this car correctly, it already has a MAF that can read that much air and BAP so the pumps can keep up. Chances are your tune will be OK and adjust and deliver the needed fuel without a hitch.

Next step is around 530rwhp where the stock injectors can become a limitation and potential lean out liability.

A cold air dyno tune while data logging injector duty cycle or a cold air drive doing the same will give you valuable info about how close you are getting.

Competition

Hood Rich
Established Member
My car has a 2.90 pulley and K&N filter in the stock piping and a MAC Catback..it was dyno tuned and made 444 rwhp. I want to add a UPR off road X pipe and JLT RAI this winter..will I need a re tune with these two mods? Stock injectors, stock MAF.

ITS STOCK

Established Member
Thanks for the mod list!
It allows more air to go through the engine, the MAF/tune/PCM/pumps and injectors just need to be able to keep up with the increased amount of air.

Since you built this car correctly, it already has a MAF that can read that much air and BAP so the pumps can keep up. Chances are your tune will be OK and adjust and deliver the needed fuel without a hitch.

Next step is around 530rwhp where the stock injectors can become a limitation and potential lean out liability.

A cold air dyno tune while data logging injector duty cycle or a cold air drive doing the same will give you valuable info about how close you are getting.

so basically if anything, it will run richer and lose maybe 1# of boost? is there any power gained or lost?

rudycobra

Established Member
My car has a 2.90 pulley and K&N filter in the stock piping and a MAC Catback..it was dyno tuned and made 444 rwhp. I want to add a UPR off road X pipe and JLT RAI this winter..will I need a re tune with these two mods? Stock injectors, stock MAF.

I would if doin both changes . I deleted my cats and my tuner said I'd b fine without retuning . Also said I'd pick up Lil power but loose Lil boost at same time

Users who are viewing this thread