2.3 whipple install (belt question) Need help ASAP

testorossa1989

Established Member
Title says it all. What a nightmare but the 2.3 whipples on. I have stock upper, stock lower and stock idlers. Is the stock serp belt suppose to fit this? even witht he shaved tensioner it still seems like its a half inch too short and cant get it on.

willis414

Established Member
I just did my 2.9 and ya nightmare, check cobra bobs site. It didn't help me on my belt size, it might help you. Try putting it over the idler pulley last, no ribs to deal with

03Snake04

! Sonic Boom !
Established Member
i dont believe the whipple pulley/snout is the exact same location as the eatons was .. i think the stock belt will be alittle too tight to fit the whipple with 3.5" pulley

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
i dont believe the whipple pulley/snout is the exact same location as the eatons was .. i think the stock belt will be alittle too tight to fit the whipple with 3.5" pulley

Go to your local NAPA buy three belts in small increments longer than the stock belt, ask if they can be returned if they are not used.

Keep the one that fits.

My local NAPA had no problem with me doing this. NAPA stocks Gates belts.

That same silent not slipping Gates belt is still on my 3.50 pulley today"

testorossa1989

Established Member
Go to your local NAPA buy three belts in small increments longer than the stock belt, ask if they can be returned if they are not used.

Keep the one that fits.

My local NAPA had no problem with me doing this. NAPA stocks Gates belts.

That same silent not slipping Gates belt is still on my 3.50 pulley today"

Thanks. I was afraid it was gunna come to that but i might have too. Any chance someone has the exact size? I feel like this should have been mentioned in the guide or product info

runsonboost

Established Member
IIRC the TS blowers sit a little higher than the eaton so the belt is too short. I believe I ran a 74in belt with my Whipple. Try a google search for it, i have had better luck with google than the SVTP search engine in the past. I recommend NAPA/Gates belts as well. I ran mine for 2 years with no slipping on a 3.0 upper, only got a new one because I felt like it.

allclock

Established Member
I am running a NAPA Micro-V

whipple 2.3 - 3.0" pulley - stock lower - stock idlers + 100mm? upper idler

testorossa1989

Established Member
I am running a NAPA Micro-V

whipple 2.3 - 3.0" pulley - stock lower - stock idlers + 100mm? upper idler

Unfortunatly that wont help me because you have a 3.0 upper and if i recall the stock whipple is a 3.50. But you gave me a starting point thanks

Users who are viewing this thread