boost gauge stopped working today

HELL-RAISER

Established Member
i got in my car this morning and noticed driving down the road my factory boost gauge was not moving, where should i start looking to fix this?

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
i got in my car this morning and noticed driving down the road my factory boost gauge was not moving, where should i start looking to fix this?

Follow the vacuum/boost lines/hoses and look for a break or disconnected line, assuming you have determined that you do in fact still have boost but just don't show boost on your gauge.

HELL-RAISER

Established Member
well i checked all the lines they seem to be hooked up and not torn now if they are hooked up in the correct spots that i dont know does anyone have a schematic of which lines will show indication of boost on the gauge, or what lines hook to where?

eaglesnick

Established Member
If you just noticed it wasn't working this morning they have to be hooked up right unless you recently did some work on the car and disconnected the lines. Does the car actually make boost?

HELL-RAISER

Established Member
the car is making boost i did just have the motor out to put a k member in, i was not around when my mechanic hooked up all the boost lines

eaglesnick

Established Member
Did you notice if the boost gauge ever worked after the K-member was installed? Do you have an aero-force gauge installed or a hand held programmer?

HELL-RAISER

Established Member
no it has not worked since the k member was installed this was the first i have had a chance to drive the car.
i do have an aftermarket gauge that is showing boost is being produced

eaglesnick

Established Member
Just trying to figure out if you may have pinched/kinked a boost line/hose or if has become disconnected. Did you find the boost line in the glove box? If so you may want to disconnect the line and go for a ride and get into boost and see if air is coming out of the line at the glove box. If no air is coming out you know the problem is somewhere in the engine bay. If air is coming out then you know it's in the dash.

eaglesnick

Established Member
You might also be able to disconnect it in the glove box and start the car and feel for vacuum without driving the car and getting into boost

HELL-RAISER

Established Member
Ok I found the 2 vacuum lines were swapped in the engine bay and it works good on to my next issue, thank you everyone for the help its much appreciated

MaximumVelocity

Mod motor convert
Established Member
the car is making boost i did just have the motor out to put a k member in, i was not around when my mechanic hooked up all the boost lines

It's easier to support the motor from above and just drop the k-member out the bottom.

That being said, check the two small black 1/8in plastic lines that enter the engine bay near the heater core. One should get vacuum only and should be hooked to the supercharger inlet elbow. The other line goes to a nipple at the bottom of the blower in the back by the bypass valve to get both vacuum and boost.

Users who are viewing this thread