is it normal for popping sound to come out exhaust during deceleration?

DjOrionXTR

Established Member
when driving, when slowing down by letting foot off accelerator there is a popping coming out exhaust..it sounds really cool, but is it normal?

OH3MGSVT

cant 3x stamp a 2x stamp
Established Member
Yeah mine does it all the time, of course it has an off road x and the magnaflow "magnapack" mufflers which is basically no muffler. Do you have an aftermarket exhaust?

DjOrionXTR

Established Member
from what i know, i have SLP long tube, dont know what brand of cats or xpipe, but have magnaflow mufflers...does off road x pipe mean no cats?

monX

Established Member
from what i know, i have SLP long tube, dont know what brand of cats or xpipe, but have magnaflow mufflers...does off road x pipe mean no cats?

Yes we all get the popping sound, and correct off road x = o/r x means no cats :beer:

*P*Grass

i need to get 600+ on 20$
Established Member
wait im confused, i thought the popping was because of the tune? stock tune you get popping, when the car is tuned it will go away? something about the injectors, deceleration and unburnt fuel?

my car pops with bassani catted x and super 40s cat back,
ive heard so many thing about what it could be just wondering what it actually is :shrug:

DjOrionXTR

Established Member
wait im confused, i thought the popping was because of the tune? stock tune you get popping, when the car is tuned it will go away? something about the injectors, deceleration and unburnt fuel?

my car pops with bassani catted x and super 40s cat back,
ive heard so many thing about what it could be just wondering what it actually is :shrug:

u know it makes me wonder now if i get the popping alot more cause my spark plugs are too cold and i got fuel thats unburned...im running NGK-7's and i got some kind of misfire between 1200 and 2500 rpm...im gettin some TRX6's in tomorrow morning...hopes this fixes my problem

Teej281

Established Member
My M55 sounds fantastic during deceleration!

My car sounds unique as hell on decel. Having the FR500 exhaust, I now have 2 x's in my exhaust system and it creates a very distinctive popple noise on decel. I can't wait to hear how it sounds without cats on it come December! It ought to be a more crisp popping noise and it will be great. Lol

Teej281

Established Member
My M55 sounds fantastic during deceleration!

I hate you...you're such a buzz kill!!! Lol jk man!!!

My car sounds unique as hell on decel. Having the FR500 exhaust, I now have 2 x's in my exhaust system and it creates a very distinctive popple noise on decel. I can't wait to hear how it sounds without cats on it come December! It ought to be a more crisp popping noise and it will be great. Lol

liedenfrost

Established Member
I hate you...you're such a buzz kill!!! Lol jk man!!!

Let me know how it sounds when you remove the cats. I've been considering that myself, but don't want it too loud. I have the catted magnaflow X with Fr500.

Users who are viewing this thread