Raspy exhaust

stang23456

Yellow terminator
Established Member
Have Mac o/r h pipe with magnaflow mufflers on 04 cobra. It's way to loud and raspy, dont even want to drive car !! Will changing out mufflers help ???

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
Yea muffler will help, I would suggest MAC mufflers, they have a strong deep sound to them. I loved mine when I had my 3" MAC catback on my IRS. Check the exhaust soundboard.

stang23456

Yellow terminator
Established Member
Thanks ! I just don't wanna spend the money on either new mufflers or a cat back system and it sound the same when done. It's so rattling and raspy now !!

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
Can you get a video of it? Is this with just magnaflows or the magnapacks? I'm kind of going to the same set up only I have a catted Mac X

nlterminator

Mello Yellow
Established Member
I can try and I have magnaflows. If it's causing the raspy noise don't get them !!!

I have magnaflows with stock H pipe and they are far from raspy. They are actually pretty tame until you get on it.

Only video I have with them

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOcGotGt_ec"]YouTube - 03 Cobra being Tuned By SAS[/nomedia]

mystical

Established Member
Yea muffler will help, I would suggest MAC mufflers, they have a strong deep sound to them. I loved mine when I had my 3" MAC catback on my IRS. Check the exhaust soundboard.

^Agreed MAC's sound amazing although if it is too loud for you it'll need some cats. As far as the rasp I'm not sure h-pipes are loud and deep and aren't known for being raspy. Might be the mufflers.

Last edited:

reef93

EVILNSIDE
Established Member
Have Mac o/r h pipe with magnaflow mufflers on 04 cobra. It's way to loud and raspy, dont even want to drive car !! Will changing out mufflers help ???
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/exhaust-215/629168-off-road-h-magnaflows-wtf.html

Had the exact same problem when I got my car. It had a good mellow sound to it just wasnt loud enough for my taste. So I thought with the cats on it if I get rid of those it should give me the sound I wanted.....big mistake...I had the exact same setup that you do. IMO an off road H and any straight thru muffler sound like ass.....If you want to keep your off road pipe weld in some chambered mufflers like MAC or Flowmaster.

Last edited:

Slow99x

Established Member

I had the same problem with the exact same setup. I switched my mid-pipe to a UPR O/R X and I love it now. Almost all the rasp went away but the loudness is still there.

Users who are viewing this thread