are these bassani mid length headers ok?

NJredfire03

Established Member
i bought a set of used midlengths off of someone and i feel like i got beat pretty hard. the tubes are loose in the collectors theyre a little bent and just look really beat up. i have four pictures but i dont know how to show them on here. how do you show pictures on here? just a little more added info, when i got them some of the tubes were completely separated from the collectors. is this normal?

korizmo

I like Lamp
Established Member
i bought a set of used midlengths off of someone and i feel like i got beat pretty hard. the tubes are loose in the collectors theyre a little bent and just look really beat up. i have four pictures but i dont know how to show them on here. how do you show pictures on here? just a little more added info, when i got them some of the tubes were completely separated from the collectors. is this normal?

Yeap completly normal for the tubes to come out easily. Mine came in pieces and I had to figure out which ones went where. The mid-lengths are different and a few people have had exhaust leak issues.

NJredfire03

Established Member
ive seen the remflex gasket inserts are the best for these headers. do you also need the original manifold style gasket as well or just the inserts? also wanting a catted mid pipe to go with these. is the bassani catted x the only one that will fit these headers? ive seen mixed reviews for the x-pipe saying that its wonderful and ive seen that the cats fail and error codes pop up. any insight on that?

korizmo

I like Lamp
Established Member
ive seen the remflex gasket inserts are the best for these headers. do you also need the original manifold style gasket as well or just the inserts? also wanting a catted mid pipe to go with these. is the bassani catted x the only one that will fit these headers? ive seen mixed reviews for the x-pipe saying that its wonderful and ive seen that the cats fail and error codes pop up. any insight on that?

I had a exhaust shop make me a custom off road x-pipe, but yes the bassani X-pipe will only work with these headers. Remflex is a must when installing these headers. I would recommend using the remflex gaskets along with the bassani or stock gasket. But it's up to you, if you just want to use the remflex gaskets.

svtcobratenthan

Established Member

I bought a bassani ex headers to the tail pipes. yes the headers do come in pieces. Just took mine off putting cams in it so yes tat is normal.

SickBlackMach

Throttling back
Established Member
Well, I'm not sure what happened to my origninal post?

You really should go with the remflex gaskets for the bassani headers. Don't re-use the stock or bassani gaskets with the remflex gaskets, they aren't needed. Use a small dab of super glue to prevent them from shifting during the install, torque and enjoy a leak free header install.

Keep an eye on the supplied bassani clamps, mine would like to loosen up on me after awhile. I ended up getting some lap band clamps from summit. Good luck and enjoy!

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Well, I'm not sure what happened to my origninal post?

You really should go with the remflex gaskets for the bassani headers. Don't re-use the stock or bassani gaskets with the remflex gaskets, they aren't needed. Use a small dab of super glue to prevent them from shifting during the install, torque and enjoy a leak free header install.

Keep an eye on the supplied bassani clamps, mine would like to loosen up on me after awhile. I ended up getting some lap band clamps from summit. Good luck and enjoy!

It wasn't me!! LOL!

OP posting pics--> http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/pics-videos-buffet-149/171549-posting-pictures.html

NJredfire03

Established Member
hey thanks for the posting pics info. ill try to get some up here soon just to give a visual. and also thanks for the gasket info. i also will be going with the stage 8 locking header bolts. im more than likely getting these installed by mustang magic in long island. not far from here and they defintely know what theyre doing.

Users who are viewing this thread