easy fix for your upr xpipe leak(drivers side)

006titan

easy fix for your upr x pipe leak
I had the same problem with my 04 cobra when I installed my upr x pipe.What you need to do as you probably know is to take up that last 1/8 inch or so between the provided slip connector and exhaust manifold after its all tightened up.
What you do is put a spacer between the slip connector and the main exhaust pipe that the slip connector goes into.this will move the pipe and flange away from the manifold studs that flange is bottoming out on and not allowing the slip connector to tighten against the manifold.I cant exactly remember the part# I used,but heres a Napa #that will give you an idea what it looks like bos2561003,all it is,is a exhaust gasket thats flat on one side and cone shaped on the other.take your slip connector with you to the parts store.I believe the inside diameter of the gasket is 2 1/2 inches.The slip connector should fit inside diameter of the gasket.Anyways when you install this gasket put the slip connector through the inside of the gasket/spacer with the cone side of the gasket pointing towards the main exhaust pipe and the flat side of the gasket will point towards the manifold when installed(the gasket isnt resting on the manifold itself when installed.it is sandwiched between the main exhaust pipe and slip connector.Now you have enough thread on your studs usable to seal manifold connection.If you want you can use high temp sealant on the gasket if you want.I used a little.That should take care of your driverside leak.Mines been leak free for 6 months.What a difference it makes when you dont hear that leak.ENJOY

331Stroker

Stroked
Established Member
Any pictures of how this works? Where else could I get a new slip connector? I misplaced mine in an install and now it leaks like a SOB.

Last edited:

006titan

sorry no pics

Not sure where you can get a new slip connector.I tried upr for just the drivers side pipe.After calling them 3 times and them telling me they would check on it and get back to me ,they never did.I guess unless you are buying a whole system they arent interested in your business.

CompOrangeCobra

Established Member
...I had an exhaust leak after installing a mac prochamber to my stock manifolds on the drivers side ball and socket between the manifold to midpipe connection, used the sleeve provided by mac but also used part #31357 from NAPA which allowed more thread space to tighten down the midpipe to the manifold, exhaust leak gone. Just thought I would post to help anyone else going through what I was going through without any really good solution. Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread