Op - Please pick the appropriate response from the list below:

Ok? :shrug:

Oooohh :shrug:

WOW? :shrug:

WTF? :shrug:

Holy Jesus! :shrug:

AtlantaGT500

Established Member
It has been rumored that Shelby would do something with the Focus and now it appears to be true. I can't wait to see what they do with it. I was thinking of getting a ST now I am going to wait.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
The COSWORTH ST is the only one I care about at SEMA. :rockon:

They're doing one? I just heard they were looking for a new owner so wasn't expecting anything new from them right now. By far the most exciting thing I've heard for this car though. Cosworth is about as good as it gets.:rockon:

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
2013-Ford-Focus-ST-Cosworth-SEMA.jpg&MaxW=630

MnJ Enterprises - 2013 Ford Focus ST

The M&J team formulated a partnership between Ford, Cosworth LLC and Ford Racing to boost Focus ST power by more than 30 percent, and torque by almost 20 percent. Ford Racing engine and suspension modifications combined with Cosworth specified wheels and tires to put 330 horsepower to the pavement. The Tangerine Scream finish and subtle graphics signal an appreciative nod to an authentic motorsports heritage.

Should be LEGIT. :burnout:

Last edited:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I really really wanted a Cosworth Vega back in the day. it was the only Vega worth having. what a fail of a car but Cosworth made it worth something.

They're doing one? I just heard they were looking for a new owner so wasn't expecting anything new from them right now. By far the most exciting thing I've heard for this car though. Cosworth is about as good as it gets.:rockon:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
It has been rumored that Shelby would do something with the Focus and now it appears to be true. I can't wait to see what they do with it. I was thinking of getting a ST now I am going to wait.

should have put that in your op LOL

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I really really wanted a Cosworth Vega back in the day. it was the only Vega worth having. what a fail of a car but Cosworth made it worth something.

I had one and have totally forgotten about it. A '75 that my father bought at an auction as a graduation present when I finished college. It was well broken in. It had 3.73's in a 10 bolt posi, panhard bar, torque arm, four speed, buckets, etc. I had a problem (as did everyone else) with the fuel injection. Upon deceleration, the 'pulse air injection system' would suck raw fuel and inject it directly into the full length stainless steel header. I was blowing flames 5 to 10 feet at the tail pipe exit - at will.

That little bastard would scream to about 9,000 rpm. I blew the engine one day on a nearby highway, shifted to neutral, then back into gear to re-fire the engine and drove it home. I pulled the complete engine by myself, by hand from inside the engine bay, set atop the fender, then carefully climbed out and set it on the ground. I shit you not. Bent the steel crank (wich I had 'straightened') and needed to get the block sleeved. Yanked the fuel injection and bolted on a custom manifold with a pair of Weber carbs from Hutton Motor Engineering. That little POS was an absolute screamer. And a POS.;-)

RIP old buddy!

Mystic 544

Established Member
I was at Shelby America during SEMA this year and got the full tour ... that Focus ST was in their production area right next to the SuperSnakes and GT350's :) They didn't allow cameras in there so I don't have pictures :nonono: I didn't see any specific body changes but when it started up and was moved around it DID have a nice deep growl!:rolling: I asked the Tec about the ST and he was very protective ... "No Comment" I asked a few more times and he just said they were working on some things and he really couldn't say anything about it.... Anyway, I know I can't wait to see what they do - should be interesting!
:beer:

11GT50

Reality Checker
Established Member
Well, if its anything like their Mustangs - you'll be able to build the same car for half as much yourself. You pay a lot for the name with Shelbys, meh.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I don't think so. The RS is more than likely getting the 2.3EB which I doubt Cosworth has their hands in yet. They'll play a role in the development but this car just looks like one of their own developments.

cobrakidz

High mileage R
Established Member
Just saw the Shelby Focus ST today---looks like the orange Sema car above.

2w5ssc2.png

Last edited:

Trip

Seasoned Snake Charmer
Established Member
Im sure this is gonna be a fun ride, and prob a great lil AutoX car, but for 15 grand extra I thought there would be more to the package..... upgrades to brakes, suspension, YES....lots of over the top exterior crap/graphics.... but short throw, cool wheels, and heat extractor hood is a winner......and I like the ST3 interior better, the Shelby seats look flat and cheesy compared to the Recaros(why would they not offer them as standard for the Shelby)......I was expecting more raw performance(turbo upgrade/tune, maybe at least a CAI), which is what SA is known for, to go along with great handling.....

I know they will sell their 500 no matter what they do to them, just for the Shelby signature, but seems the legacy is tainted a lil by not taking it to the next level and offering a higher HP model like every other Shelby....I mean this is gonna be a $40K car, therev are alot of options out there for that much money...so its really all about the name...(and you can get a low miles 07-08 Shelby for less) or I could buy a low miles 1 year old GT 5.0 and still have $15k left to play with for that money.....but I know the practicality aspect of babies/car seats, and mileage(even though the GT gets great mpg if driven like a grandma) are factors, and if your in the throttle this lil guy is gonna drink some fuel too......

I just expected more......

Users who are viewing this thread