SVTPerformance - Mustang Week 2013 Preview/Schedule

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator

To put it bluntly, if you're a Mustang fan this it the best week of the year. Really, what's not to love? Not only do you get to enjoy a week full of Mustang related events with thousands of your Pony Car brethren, but you get to do so in the beautiful resort area of Myrtle Beach, SC. Mustang Week at Myrtle Beach has become a July tradition for thousands of enthusiasts, and for SVTP members the 2013 edition promises to be bigger and better than ever before. SVTPerformance is sponsoring and organizing a record number of events this year. We wanted to show our support for our members who make this annual run to the coast and invite you to participate in some our unique SVTP organized experiences. Check them out:

Monday - July 15th – SVTPerformance - Welcome to Mustang Week Party

For the first time SVTP will be hosting a welcome to Mustang Week at Myrtle Beach Party. If you're in town early for Mustang Week this party is a great opportunity to get out and meet other SVTP members. We will be meeting at Spanky's Pub House, a favorite spot of local's. Spanky's is a great little restaurant/pub with excellent food. I particularly like the pulled pork sandwich and shrimp tacos. Spanky's has plenty of parking and the lot is situated in such a way you can easily keep an eye on your car from the patio. You'll know you have the right place by seeing the SVTP 2012 Mustang GT parked out front.

We've arranged the following food and drink specials:

$2.50 Yuengling Drafts, $4.00 Jim Beam Pours, $3.00 Westbrook IPA (Local SC Beer) - Some of SID297's favorite things.:beer:
$5.00 - Spanky’s Burger or Pulled Pork Sliders, Mac & Cheese Bites, Bakery Made Pretzels, or Quesadilla

Location - Spanky's Pub House
Time - 6:00pm
Map - Click Here for a Map of Spanky's Pub House

MW_2013_SVTP_Event_Locations_002.jpg

Wednesday - July 17th – 6th Annual SVTPerformance Burnout Contest

It simply wouldn't be Mustang Week without the Annual SVTPerformance Burnout Contest. This is our sixth year hosting this event that seems to get bigger and more exciting every year. If you're unfamiliar with how awesome The SVTP Burnout Contest is check out our coverage of the 2012 edition of the event: Mustang Week 2012 : SVTPerformance.com/Discount Tire Direct Burnout Competition. Needless to say, this is probably the wildest spectacle you'll see during all of Mustang Week. There's no other event at Mustang Week that rewards with you a free set of tires for letting it all hang out and showing off for the crowd. The crowd determines the winner, so the more you can do to rile them up the better. Creativity is highly recommended. All participates receive a gift bag and the contest is open to all Ford vehicles.

Location - Myrtle Beach Speedway
Time - 5:30pm
Map - Click Here for a Map of Myrtle Beach Speedway

MW_2013_SVTP_Event_Locations_005.jpg

Thursday - July 18th – The 3rd Annual SVTP/Blow-By Racing Coyote Cruise

This is BBR and SVTP's third year organizing the increasingly popular Mustang Week Coyote cruise. The 2012 event featured 16 cars and a great group of Mustang fans. We're hoping to see double the number of cars participating this year. The cruise is open to all 5.0L Coyote and Roadrunner powered vehicles. Our route will take us on some great back roads and two boat landings one the Waccamaw River. We will eventually find our way to Dirty Don's Oyster Bar on the Intercoastal Waterway where we will happy hour pricing on food and drinks. I suggest you try the $0.50 oysters, they're awesome and can be had either steamed or raw. Happy Hour includes: $0.50 mussels, clams, shrimp, oysters, and wings; $2.00 select drafts; $2.50 domestic bottles; and $3.00 house pours.

Click Here to See Pics From The 2012 SVTP/Blow-By Racing Coyote Cruise

Meeting Place - Bass Pro-Shop Parking Lot Near the Blow-By Racing Trailer
Meeting Time - Please be at the meeting location by 12:00pm
Route - Click Here to See the Cruise Route
Ending Point - The cruise will conclude at Dirty Don's Oyster Bar, a great restaurant on the Intercoastal Waterway, where we will get to enjoy Happy Hour specials on food and drinks.

MW_2013_SVTP_Event_Locations_003.jpg

Thursday - July 18th – The SVTPerformance Cruise

This is our first time organizing an Official SVTP Cruise. I can't believe we've never done this for Mustang Week, but since relocating to the Myrtle beach area we've been able to increase our presence in the community. The SVTP cruise will be open to all SVTP members, regardless of their vehicle. We want to include as many of our great forum members as possible. Our route will take us through some nice Horry County back roads and eventually lead us to Mellow Mushroom, home of the best pizza in Myrtle Beach. We will be providing pizza and wings, we'll be arriving during Happy Hour. At Mellow Mushroom Happy Hour includes appetizer specials, a selection of 30 draft beers for $3.00, and $3.00 House Liquors. Hope to see a lot of you on the road with us.

Meeting Place - Bass Pro-Shop Parking Lot Near the Blow-By Racing Trailer
Meeting Time - Please be at the meeting location by 4:00pm
Route - Click Here to See the Cruise Route
Ending Point - The cruise will conclude at Mellow Mushroom where we will get to enjoy Happy Hour specials on food and drinks and SVTP will be buying a few pizzas and some wings. We should arrive during Happy Hour, which runs from 4:00 - 7:00pm, so we'll have appetizer specials, a selection of 30 draft beers for $3.00, and $3.00 House Liquors.

MW_2013_SVTP_Event_Locations_004.jpg

Friday - July 19th –3rd Annual SVTPerformance Party Like a Rock Star Night

This is third year hosting our annual SVTPerformance Party Like a Rock Star Night. We're changing things up a bit this year from our previous events. Instead of having it on Thursday night after the Darlington Drag Racing event we're moving it to Friday night after the Mustang Week Car Show. We are also moving locations from The Dog House, the location of the event for the past two years which recently closed, to The Deck at The House of Blues. The Deck is an awesome spot is hangout, have a drink, and enjoy some great food. They have a recently installed Craft beer Lagoon and will have live music on the stage. There's no cover charge, plenty of parking, and a great atmosphere. I'm hoping to see a lot of SVTP members make it out and enjoy all that The House of Blues has to offer.

Location - The House of Blues Deck
Time - ~8:00pm -
Map - Click Here for a Map of The House of Blues Deck

MW_2013_SVTP_Event_Locations_001.jpg

I hope you guys are as excited by this schedule as we are. I think it's going to be a great time. We have worked closely with the managers of all the venues listed above to secure adequate parking, always important, and some special deals for the participants. For those of you who have never made the trip to sunny Myrtle Beach for Mustang Week let these photos try to convince you of what a great experience MW is for any gearhead:

T_MW_Day_4_011.jpg

T_MW_Day_4_015.jpg

T_MW_Day_4_019.jpg

T_MW_Day_4_023.jpg

T_MW_Day_4_039.jpg

MW_Day_3_D_014.jpg

MW_Day_3_D_025.jpg

MW_Day_3_D_034.jpg

MW_Day_5_020.jpg

MW_Day_2_FR_011.jpg

MW_Day_2_FR_013.jpg

MW_Day_2_FR_046.jpg

MW_Day_2_FR_049.jpg

MW_Day_2_FR_057.jpg

MW_Day_2_FR_058.jpg

MW_Day_2_FR_066.jpg

MW_Day_2_FR_098.jpg

MW_Day_3_CC_006.jpg

MW_Day_3_CC_002.jpg

MW_Day_3_CC_054.jpg

MW_Day_3_CC_012.jpg

MW_Day_3_CC_039.jpg

MW_Day_2_AC_045.jpg

MW_Day_2_AC_008.jpg

MW_Day_2_AC_043.jpg

MW_Day_2_AC_052.jpg

MW_Day_2_AC_057.jpg

MW_2012_Day_1_006.jpg

MW_2012_Day_1_030.jpg

MW_2012_Day_1_108.jpg

MW_Day_2_BO_006.jpg

MW_Day_2_BO_028.jpg

MW_Day_2_BO_030.jpg

MW_Day_2_BO_037.jpg

MW_Day_2_BO_040.jpg

MW_Day_2_BO_046.jpg

MW_Day_2_BO_055.jpg

MW_Day_2_BO_063.jpg

MW_Day_2_BO_064.jpg

MW_Day_2_BO_085.jpg

MW_Day_2_BO_096.jpg

MW_Day_2_BO_122.jpg

MW2011-Burnout-0007-edit.jpg

The official Mustang Week event schedule runs as follows:

Tuesday - July 16,2013

Palace Theatre Meet-n-Greet
12:00PM until 4:00PM

The Palace Theatre at Broadway at the Beach

Wednesday - July 17,2013

Myrtle Beach Autocross, Circle Track Fun Runs and SVT Performance Burn-Out Contest
Gates Open: 9:30am
MRT-Direct & Gateway Classic Mustang Autocross: 10:00am – 5:00pm
Stiffler's Speedway Fun Runs: 10:00am – 5:00pm
SVTPerformance Burnout Contest: 5:30pm

Wheels of Destruction Thrill Show: 7:15pm

Free to all paid Mustang Week Speedway participants!

Myrtle Beach Speedway
1-843-236-0500
Myrtle Beach Speedway

Thursday - July 18,2013

Darlington Drag Night
3:00PM until 11:00PM

Meet at Hooters prior to 12:00PM… then 12:00PM to 1:30PM cruise to Darlington Drag Strip

Hooters NMB
10133 North Kings Highway
Myrtle Beach, SC 29572
843-272-3739

Darlington Dragway
1-843-383-0008
The Legendary Darlington Dragway - The House of Speed - home

Friday - July 19,2013

8th Annual Car Show at Myrtle Beach Mall
Registration from 9:00AM until 11:00AM
Judging 11:00AM until 4:00PM
Awards on Saturday the 20th at 3:00PM
The Myrtle Beach Mall is located at the intersection of highways 22 and 17.

Saturday - July 20, 2013

Southeast's Largest Mustang and SVT Cruise-In at Myrtle Beach Mall from 12:00PM until 6:00PM
Car Show Awards at 3:00PM
The Myrtle Beach Mall is located at the intersection of highways 22 and 17.

You can see our full event coverage from Mustang Week 2012 right here:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...36-svtp-nation-mustang-week-2012-day-1-a.html

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...-nation-mustang-week-2012-day-2-fun-runs.html

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...nation-mustang-week-2012-day-2-autocross.html

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...mustang-week-2012-day-2-vaughn-gittin-jr.html

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...discount-tire-direct-burnout-competition.html

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...-tire-burnout-competition-highlight-reel.html

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...g-week-2012-day-3-darlington-drag-racing.html

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...-nation-mustang-week-2012-day-4-car-show.html

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...tp-nation-mustang-week-2012-day-5-cruise.html

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...-raffles-svt-team-signed-raptor-st-judes.html

-SID297:beer:

StacyStangz

"Supercharged Stacy" - PR
Established Member
Looking forward to this years festivities!! Especially Party Like a RockStar Night at the House of Blues!!! ;)

shadowstang03gt

Established Member
crazy amount of stuff going on. glad im there for 2 weeks. Spanks is great. i can walk there lol. kingston is great.

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
Damn I had fun there back in '11. This is my first year since '04 that I don't own a Mustang, can I still come if I put "SIMULATED COBRA" all over the Z06???

Guess I'll start a charity and accept donations to pay for gas in the L then! Houston to Myrtle Beach back to Houston is 2400 miles so: 2400 / 14 (hwy mpg) = ~172 gallons; avg $3.75 per gallon equals $645!!!!!!!!

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Damn I had fun there back in '11. This is my first year since '04 that I don't own a Mustang, can I still come if I put "SIMULATED COBRA" all over the Z06???

Guess I'll start a charity and accept donations to pay for gas in the L then! Houston to Myrtle Beach back to Houston is 2400 miles so: 2400 / 14 (hwy mpg) = ~172 gallons; avg $3.75 per gallon equals $645!!!!!!!!

It's worth it. Get in that truck and drive.

TMIProducts

Established Member
My favorite week of the year!!!
I'll be set up in a big'ol TMI tent with all of our new seats for everyone to take a break from the heat in - stop in and say hey!

And Travis - a Westbrook IPA is a must for sure. I'm buying. :beer:

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
My favorite week of the year!!!
I'll be set up in a big'ol TMI tent with all of our new seats for everyone to take a break from the heat in - stop in and say hey!

And Travis - a Westbrook IPA is a must for sure. I'm buying. :beer:

If you like hops you'll like Westbrook.:beer:

It would definitely be tempting if the truck didn't have 150k miles and only 7 fully functioning cylinders!

That's 88% functional. A B average will get you a medical degree from Harvard, it should be good enough to get you to Mustang Week.

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
I head back to Bahrain this saturday. We will definitely be making it out next year! Looks like its going to be an awesome week this year!

Topless96

Established Member
Cruise for a Cause on the Beach

First trip ever to Myrtle Beach, in fact first time in SC.

I will be driving the Hope Shelby from Wisconsin but most likely will only be around Friday and Saturday. I will part of the Ford display or maybe even Late Model Restoration :rockon:

Please stop by to see me and the car to get your raffle tickets for a chance to win either a trip out to Scottsdale AZ as VIP's for the Barrett-Jackson event or a set of Recaro Heated leather seats plus many other great prized donated by Ford Racing, 281 Motorsports, Kenny Brown, Hawk Brakes, R1 Concept Brakes, Drake Muscle Cars, Silver Horse Racing, Mothers Polish, Shelby Performance Parts, Late Model Restoration, VMP, Pirelli tires, K&N Filters, Flowmaster Exhaust, Roush, and Holman Moody.:banana:

All funds raised support finding a cure for both breast and prostate cancer, and I mean all funds raised - not like others out there :shrug:

So stop by, say hello and to see how you can help us with our mission:beer: Dan

SVTterminator03

Established Member
If it were closer to the Midwest it might bring more people. Sounds like a blast but its a 23.5 hour driver there and at 12MPG might be a spendthrift trip too. Wish I could make it tho.

Users who are viewing this thread