Fuel System Cleaners

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Anything out there that actually works?

Looks like Amsoil Quickshot is their version of it, along with tons of others - Redline, STP, Chevron, etc.

:shrug:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Until we come out with our own, my current favorite is Chevron Techron.
It is quite potent, has the right stuff and is in a large enough dose to be effective. And even Walmart carries it.

Lots of products to watch out for in this category, because they are highly diluted FLUFF that is made as cheaply as possible and packaged in small bottles that are priced very low for easy mindless impulse purchase in the check out line.

trickability

Established Member

Looks like Amsoil Quickshot is their version of it, along with tons of others - Redline, STP, Chevron, etc.

sea foam works well also, you can find it at advance on sale pretty often

Mystic03

Established Member
i usually use STP fuel injection cleaner and works wonders since all i put in it is race fuel and 91 shell :shrug:

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
e85_logo_sm.jpg

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member

Quickshot is for small engines and powersports, not automotive use.

This is what you seek.

Amsoil P.I.

GM users report that it frees up faulty fuel level senders in their gas tanks allowing them to work again.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
FWIW

Lucas has something you pour into your gas tank, that I think works.

Dropped to 12mpg flat in the Lightning, driving it with no boost.

Poured some of that in it, they have a ratio of gas to additive needed, and it went back to normal MPG(13-13.5). :shrug:

NateTermi

BF3- NateTermi (ps3)
Established Member
I rarely buy fuel system cleaners because I have my doubts that any of them work.... I like to see actual proof. I know walmart offers a fuel system cleaning service for like $20 bucks that I did on a old camaro that I once had, and it seemed to have run better for a couple days...

stagedz

Cobra Convert
Established Member
BG makes a very effective fuel system cleaner that works wonders...or at least it did on my 250k mile lexus gs 400. They do not sell to the public so visit their website for details.

Ben99GT

Just a stock GT
Established Member
Chevron with Techron, Amsoil PI, or Red Line SI-1, all contain high levels of PEA and are great for one tank clean ups. Red Line SI-1 has the added benefit of an upper cylinder lubricant, making it great for continual maintenance doses.

Uraeus

Established Member
I use Lucas fuel stabilizer in my gas tank every other oil change in my truck (08 Tacoma V6). Works well I guess. :shrug:

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
ford used Chevron Techron during the explorer fuel sending unit debacle. we had a few that actually fixed the sulfur build up on the level sending unit. it was worse with winter gas mix but occasionally happened with the summer mix also.

Techron FTW.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Picked up a 6 pack of Techron from Amazon, just tossed a bottle in yesterday.

Guy Fawkes

Established Member
Thanks to this thread I went out and bought 2 of the concentrated bottles last night at walmart. They didnt have the 20oz bottles just the 10. I use shitty walmart gas so it might need a good cleaning.

Users who are viewing this thread