96 cobra royal purple vs edge with syntac

bumsoil

Established Member
I have a 1996 cobra with 133k on The odometer. I have been using Castro edge with syntax since I got it 10k miles ago. Been thinking of switching to RP. What does everyone her think?

1hot281

Established Member
I'd run Royal Purple HPS or Amsoil Signature Series over any off the shelf API-approved oil, including Castrol EDGE.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
I'd run Royal Purple HPS or Amsoil Signature Series over any off the shelf API-approved oil, including Castrol EDGE.

Thisx2

What does everyone her think?

Don't know that I would ask "her" anything. Most women don't know jack about cars, much less how to check oil. :-D

Last edited:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Special order the HPS at your local NAPA or O'Reilly's it's typically only 50 cents to a dollar more per quart than the API street oil and it is an extremely nice upgrade in protection and performance.
The filter is available at Pep Boys and that's about it except for the online guys. Amazon, Summit, Pace Performance and Lucky7trucks all stock the filter as well as the HPS oil.

The film strength on the HPS is almost double what most of our competitors race oil is, because of our proprietary Synerlec additive.

The RP SAE API licensed street oil is blended right to 800 ppm max on the zinc and phosphorous anti wear additive, so it's a great very protective oil.
however the HPS is a non-API oil so we can put what ever we want in it.

bumsoil

Established Member
Special order the HPS at your local NAPA or O'Reilly's it's typically only 50 cents to a dollar more per quart than the API street oil and it is an extremely nice upgrade in protection and performance.
The filter is available at Pep Boys and that's about it except for the online guys. Amazon, Summit, Pace Performance and Lucky7trucks all stock the filter as well as the HPS oil.

The film strength on the HPS is almost double what most of our competitors race oil is, because of our proprietary Synerlec additive.

The RP SAE API licensed street oil is blended right to 800 ppm max on the zinc and phosphorous anti wear additive, so it's a great very protective oil.
however the HPS is a non-API oil so we can put what ever we want in it.

i called napa and the guy there says that what he used so he ordered a few cases in because he is getting ready to change his oil too. as for the filter, ill just order it online .

Shepp1691

Established Member
How many miles u running the oil for? I only run mine for 5k miles and seems like a lot of money on oil that will only be in my car 4 months

SVTDice

Established Member
If you must add an additive to any lubricant to make the formulation perform as required for your application, you chose the wrong lubricant.

^This, Honestly if you need to add anything to stop any of the following, You either need to Rebuild your Engine or Use something different.

Like I've seen people pour additives into there Engines to stop sludge for instance, Honestly Short OCI's of something like Pennzoil Ultra would be much more beneficial and safer for your Engine instead of adding harsh or useless products to your Engine....Not only may not work but do more harm then good. Just like its a horrible idea to hook your Engine up to a "Engine Flush" Machine. Something I would NEVER advise to do. Even in the most severe cases of Engine sludge.

Now if you're burning Oil, you can use a Higher Quality oil or even a slightly Heavier one to slow or even stop your oil consumption. Unleashed Beast can explain more on this. Hes more informed on this subject.

Just honestly, I find alot of these products that I call "shock treatments" Not the best for your Engine. I've even considered using Kreen but in the end I decided against it. I'd rather do something right then use a band-aid method.

Just my .02.

Users who are viewing this thread