HID kits from STANGMODS.COM

Do you like your HID kit from StangMods?

• Yay (Yes)

Votes: 16 66.7%
  • Nay (No)

Votes: 8 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I was wondering who was or wasn't satisfied with their HID kits from Stangmods.com? I've given in and I'm going to buy one of their 6000k kits. The pics look pretty darn good.

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
That's where I got my kit and have been very happy with it, had it a little over two years. I have the 6000k kit also, but I'm switching to some 4300k or 5000k as the lights aren't bright enough with my smoked headlights.

That's where I got my kit and have been very happy with it, had it a little over two years. I have the 6000k kit also, but I'm switching to some 4300k or 5000k as the lights aren't bright enough with my smoked headlights.

Glad you posted because I just ordered a set of smoked headlights off of ebay. Please don't tell me that the 6000k lights looked like stock bulbs through the smoked headlights? Did the lighting get reduced significantly with the smoked headlights? Shoot I never even thought about the impact of smoked headlights. :fm:

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
They're still much brighter than stock, even with silverstars. The smoked headlights from American Muscle did cut down on light output significantly. I will say the beam pattern with the new smoked headlights is much much better than the stock lights with HID's. I can still see very well, I'm just used to how well the 6000k HID's lit up the road in the stock housings. If I can switch to a 4300K or 5000K light and it have that ouput I'll be stoked.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Headlamps aren't smoked, they just have black inside the housing to make it 'look' smoked.

I bought a Headlamp/Fog kit from them awhile ago. The foglamp kit does not even have connectors to go into the stock fog harness, it's simply a Red and Black wire that terminates into a metal connector. Piss poor design. Never installed them.

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
Headlamps aren't smoked, they just have black inside the housing to make it 'look' smoked.

It is smoked, I called them after installing my lights to find out why light output was less. They stated that the lens is smoked and the light won't pass through it as well.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
It is smoked, I called them after installing my lights to find out why light output was less. They stated that the lens is smoked and the light won't pass through it as well.

So by that logic, parking a 00 and 01 Mustang next to each other which use the same 9007 OEM Sylvania bulbs, Ford gave up a lot of light output for the sake of 'style'. :read:

imran

Established Member
If I was going to buy HID's, I would ONLY buy Phillips brand. They are in all the higher end vehicles. They are more expensive, but whats another $100, if it will save you headache and from doing the job all over again. I think you should do everything right the first time so pay a little more and get your moneys worth.

Looking on eBay, on average you can buy a full Phillips kit for $300, generally Phillips has a 5 year warranty from the reading I did.

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
So by that logic, parking a 00 and 01 Mustang next to each other which use the same 9007 OEM Sylvania bulbs, Ford gave up a lot of light output for the sake of 'style'. :read:

I'm not referring to the OEM Ford lights. I'm referring to the lights from American Muscle that do have a smoked lens. :read:

admbmb56

Ca-Mustangs.com
Established Member
I absolutely love my HIDs I bought from them. Here's a pic. It's not the greatest image but it gives you an idea of how it lights up the road. I have the 6000k kit on my headlights and foglights.
CIMG0517.jpg

-adam

boosted2000si

All good things end!
Established Member
How much are they? You guys would be surprised hoe much I have seen companys jack up prices cause its a "KIt for a mustang." The same HID setup could be had on ebay for $100.

What brand are the actual HID's or do they put a sticker on them and call them stangmod hids?

I have had HID's on my car since about 2weeks after I purchased it 3 years ago. I love them, I actually run them on every car/bike/truck I own. I use the 8k though cause Im still a ricer at heart.

04-Cobra_1055007_0.jpg

I also did the LED tag light conversion to make them match the headlights.

04-Cobra_1055008_0.jpg

04-Cobra_1055009_0.jpg

Last edited:

Blownsob

Blown Member
Established Member
vvme.com

Check out their kits. Had a set of 8000k on my Lightning for a year and a half with no problems. Way cheaper.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
I absolutely love my HIDs I bought from them. Here's a pic. It's not the greatest image but it gives you an idea of how it lights up the road. I have the 6000k kit on my headlights and foglights.
CIMG0517.jpg

-adam

Did your fogs have the crappy connector to mate with the stock harness?

antiv6

Established Member
i had them for a while, the kit looks like all the other hid kits you see online for way less, only difference in stangmods seems to be the lifetime warranty. They are a great company and will replace things when they brake

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
The install was very easy. Just plug and play. Still need to do my fogs though. One of the ballasts was bad so I had to return it. :nonono:

Users who are viewing this thread