DDM Tuning HID Kit

jjscobra18

Established Member
Just got the hi/lo headlight and foglight kit in 5000k and 35w. Started looking at the harness and realized that it was missing the blue harness plug that plugs into the stock harness. I remembered an earlier thread by forcefedcobra stating that he had the same problem when ordering from ddm. So i decided to call and spoke to someone waited only about 5 mins on hold. When i spoke to one of their customer service reps he stated that they were now receiving the kits from the factory without the plugs on them and that the three prongs should be plugged into the harness. I was a little iffy about the kit at this point wondering if maybe i should have went with hidguy. Went out to install them, i used some heat shrink i had to cover up what of the three prongs was still visible when plugged into the stock harness. This method seems to work well and insures none of the wires touch and short/ground out, as well as looks a little cleaner than bare metal. If in fact they are receiving them without the harness plug this may be a method some of you want to use. The moment of truth was when i reconnected the battery and went and pulled the headlight switch I got hids :rockon:. In trying to finish up for the night, aim them, and get in and type this I forgot to test the highs :nonono:. I am happy and impressed with the quality of the kit this far time will tell if it was a good buy. On another note i was going to go with a 6000k kit for a hint of blue, changed my mind at the last minute and went with 5000k glad i did not get the 6's as these have a good hint of blue in them in my opinion may just need to let them heat up a little longer when i test the highs tomorrow. Hope this info helps someone deciding on these.

red351wcobra

Established Member
I knew you would like them. I'm glad I went with the 5Ks to. That's strange you didnt get the plug for the factory harness.

jjscobra18

Established Member
Yea your write up was the reason I changed to the 5k's so thanks :beer:. It is wired about the plug and I was pissed/worried about it at first. I was about to go to the auto parts store and try to find one. I just looked over at my box of stereo stuff and saw the heat shrink and said huh. It worked out so I'm happy with the results this far. Try to get some pics up soon as it gets dark out.

Mike Gnolfo

Gimme Fuel
Established Member
I just installed the DDM kit...I got nothing! No lights...I was looking in the blue connector and saw only 2 of the three prongs in there is that why its not working?

RonRon23

Established Member
I had their kit in my v6 before i got my cobra. Ive installed 3 of their kits on different cars, The polarity of one of the connectors is wrong. Every time Ive installed a ddm kit, switching the polarity on one of the two prong connectors has worked for me =.

spdfrkaby

Established Member
I've had the DDM kit in my projector headlights on the cobra for a couple months now with no problems. The "slim line" ballast is just small enough to slide vertical in between the back of the headlight and the frame.

CscottsSS

got boost?
Established Member
I've had a set of headlight/fogs (just lows) from them for about a year and have tried to install them twice with no luck. I've tried everything and finally gave up and they are collecting dust in the shop. I would install the headlights, passenger side first and test it and it would just flash not completely ignite. I figured this was a result of a bad ballast so I tried all four ballasts on the same bulb/side but it still did the same thing. So I continued and installed both headlights, reconnected the battery and turned them on, boom nothing not even my fogs would work. They worked fine with just one side hooked up? Do I need a relay? I'd like to install them over the winter.

Any thoughts?

baginoman

Mind over Matter
Established Member
I just installed the DDM kit, and it was working great for a week. My headlights no longer turn on....:??:

I dunno what the problem is. I was real happy with the quality of this kit too.:nonono:

x NOODLES x

Big Hitter da LLama!
Established Member
I just installed the DDM kit, and it was working great for a week. My headlights no longer turn on....:??:

I dunno what the problem is. I was real happy with the quality of this kit too.:nonono:

None of the lights work?

Something come unplugged? Are the bulbs blown? The ballasts are NOT waterproof in case you didnt know as well. :read:

Fogs work? or are they even HID?

Users who are viewing this thread