Hard Top For Verts?

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Wow! I wonder if they would let verts run without a roll bar at track events with one of these???

If so I could see this as being a great option for vert guys, allowing them to not cut up the back trim panels for the down bars.

I'm pretty sure the OE hard tops are allowed on roadster type cars in lieu of a roll bar, I do not know if aftermarket ones are.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The rear glass looks strange. I'm not liking it as designed. You also have the problem of storage since it would have to be removed and stored in your garage, or similar. I think if the rear glass were not convertible sized I'd like it more. JMO.

Crackerballer

Oh baby!
Established Member
Wow! I wonder if they would let verts run without a roll bar at track events with one of these???

If so I could see this as being a great option for vert guys, allowing them to not cut up the back trim panels for the down bars.

I'm pretty sure the OE hard tops are allowed on roadster type cars in lieu of a roll bar, I do not know if aftermarket ones are.

No they won't. I wanted to run my S2000 at VIR and I had the factory hardtop, so OEM Honda, and they would still have required me to run a roll bar.

I wonder how much it weighs and where the rear attachment points are. I wonder if the $1400 base price includes all hardware. Then you have to have it primed and painted I would imagine. I paid $3,000 for my Honda one, and it only weighed 44 pounds with back glass and all.

Crackerballer

Oh baby!
Established Member
I see that now along with the rear window being plexiglass. Not really sure what this buys you, unless it really does help with rigidity.

mrose75

Established Member
Saw this a few years back in one of the Mustang Rags.... It's Buttugly if you ask me.

GTIZZL

Established Member
Not a fan.. I think the side windows look weird too and the rear window is definitely not right..

black 10th vert

Established Member
There was a factory one available as an option from Ford in '95 (I believe). I almost bought one last year.

skratpiece

Established Member
There was a factory one available as an option from Ford in '95 (I believe). I almost bought one last year.
I'd bet if you bought it for your new edge that it wouldn't fit right. I say this from experience. I am not just guessing this. When I attempted to fit my saleen tonneau cover made for an 01 Saleen it would not fit an sn95 cobra properly because believe it or not there is a difference in the dimension of the bootwell from SN95 to New Edge. If the Hardtop you refer to slides under the black convertible trim like a tonneau cover which I presume it does, you will have a big gap just like I experienced with the tonneau cover.

sprstr1000

WHIPPLECHARGED
Established Member
No they won't. I wanted to run my S2000 at VIR and I had the factory hardtop, so OEM Honda, and they would still have required me to run a roll bar.

I wonder how much it weighs and where the rear attachment points are. I wonder if the $1400 base price includes all hardware. Then you have to have it primed and painted I would imagine. I paid $3,000 for my Honda one, and it only weighed 44 pounds with back glass and all.

In the pic I see two rear attachments they are two little hooks
along with the two hooks in the front it doesnt look very rigid or secure to me
I vote FAIL on this one :kaboom:

Users who are viewing this thread