2003 Red Lightning FS/TRADE - 7k miles

quadridermx

Established Member
2003 Ford Lightning for sale. Kelly Blue Book value is around $20,000 without any of the extras. Pics at [ame=http://www.lightningrodder.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1037615#post1037615]2003 Red Lightning FS/TRADE - 7k miles - Lightning Forum | LightningRodder.com[/ame]

What it has:

BRAND NEW Ford Lightning motor from the factory. NOT a reconditioned or rebuilt motor! It's a genuine Ford Lightning motor direct from Ford.

About 7,000 miles on it now. 58,XXX miles on the body. Previous owner did some modifications to the previous motor, but did not have the motor tuned to suit them. Costly mistake. Needless to say, now it produces an insane amount of power safely. Dyno tuned to a safe 490hp. Easily a daily driver. I haven't had any problems with it whatsoever. If you're very careful, it will actually get 19mpg going 65mph in the summer time.

-VIPER ALARM WITH REMOTE STARTER

-KENWOOD EXCELON KDC-X791 STEREO WITH MTX SUBS AND AMP

-AUTOMETER BOOST & FUEL PRESSURE GAUGES

-LOWERED WITH ADJUSTABLE AIR SHOCKS IN THE BACK

-TOW PACKAGE (ONLY USED TO TOW MY 20FT BOAT 15 MINUTES TO THE LAUNCH EVERY FEW WEEKS)

-TONNEAU COVER

-4 LB. LOWER SUPERCHARGER PULLEY WITH BILLET IDLERS

-POLISHED ACCUFAB SINGLE BLADE THROTTLE BODY

-PORTED UPPER INTAKE MANIFOLD

-AFCO HEAT EXCHANGER

-BASSANI X

-BASSANI CAT-BACK W/SIDE EXIT (SOUNDS GREAT!)

-TRANS SHIFT KIT

-VERY SLIGHT WINDOW TINT

-AFTERMARKET AIR BOX/FILTER

-SVT 18 INCH CHROME RIMS (BEAUTIFUL!!)

It does have a salvage title. Everything repaired professionally with no expense spared. Brand new OEM frame, bed, etc.. You would never know it was ever in an accident. Runs and drives incredibly. Interior is almost perfect. Very very clean. You WILL get attention.
If you have any questions, feel free to call me at 734-347-4727.

It is a FAST, BEAUTIFUL truck inside and out, you will not be disappointed! $16,000

OR TRADE for a nice 4-door car plus cash. Might be interested in Chrysler
300, Dodge Charger, Nissan Maxima/Altima, etc.. plus a good amount of cash.

OR TRADE for a "lesser" truck with a lot of cash. Would be interested in any 1500 with cash.

runs2rch

7 minutes!!!!
Established Member
Saw your thread over on LR. 16k is high on a salvaged truck. There are a lot of clean trucks on here with similar mods for 15k.

quadridermx

Established Member
I figured I'd catch a little flack. Around here, a low mile Lightning is fairly rare. Dealerships ask 20k plus for them.

It's a salvage title. Truck has nothing salvage about it. Basically the only original part from the original truck is the cab and interior. Frame, control arms, axle, drivetrain, etc... have all been replaced with new OEM parts. Salvage title, new truck. $16k is just where I chose to start.

lightning_2000

Established Member
why does the truck have a eaton blower? those were 99-00 model blowers...... u can put 01 up blower on a 99-00 but cant put 99-00 blower on a 01 up.. so why is that eaton stamped blower on a 03 truck? please explain

Last

Established Member
GLWS but salvage title affects the price, condition doesnt matter, and the truck has 50K miles not 7k

SMKNGT

Gotta love a V8 Girl!
Established Member
Here's what I posted on LR...Figured this thread deserves the same...

Since when is 58k "low" mileage? Did I miss something?

Just because your FACTORY motor has 7k on it, does not mean the TRUCK has 7k on it,

Nothing Salvage about the truck? Except what? The Title? I'd say that is something salvaged about it.

16k for a stock block and a salvage titled truck? yea, I'd say that is unrealistic. BUILT trucks are going for that. Making real power (by that I mean they're running more than a 4lb lower, big blowers, built motors, built tranny) 600 HP+ and that's actual dyno numbers, not just a guess @ the crank

Hell I've seen some actual low mileage trucks go for less than 16k. We're talking LOW mileage, not 58k+ that you seem to think is "low"

Dealerships are RETAIL. You're not going to get 20k out of that truck, just because a dealer lists a car/truck at the price doesn't mean that is what you can get out of it by selling it private party. Have you ever sold a car before???

quadridermx

Established Member
You really have nothing better to do than go around trashing other people's posts with your opinions?

I've been selling cars/trucks/off-road vehicles/pwc's/watercraft in this area for 10 years.

Here, let me give you a little lesson. Price is determined by supply and demand. Ever hear of that concept? There are a few 1950's pennies out there worth thousands of dollars. Why? Because there are only a few of them in existence. Very high demand, very little supply. It's a penny. Worth thousands. Interesting huh? Haha I bet if they tried to sell it online, you'd search out their posts on the internet, start bashing them with YOUR OPINIONS, and tell them it's just a penny, and worth only a penny, and then sarcastically ask them if they've ever sold a penny before. And you'd consider yourself doing them a favor. That's kinda cute.

Around here, in my lil town, where salt spray is used on the roads 6 months out of the year, a nice winter garaged Lightning is hard to come by, PERIOD. Let alone a mint low mileage Lightning with an almost brand new powertrain and a spotless interior. Yes, even if the powertrain wasn't brand new, and had 58k miles on it as well, it would be low mileage for an 8 year old truck. Ever looked at craigslist? Most people consider 100k miles to still be "low mileage". Dealerships are asking $20k+ for Lightnings in decent shape. $16k is not an unreasonable price for someone that will come IN PERSON (not bash it from halfway across the country like yourself) and test drive it. And if they want to make an offer, so be it. I never stated im firm on the price. Contrary to YOUR OPINION, I've had quite a bit of interest in it. Locally, and online.

So while my truck, in YOUR OPINION, is worth a couple grand less than what I'm asking in your area (I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt btw, because I have a feeling you think it's worth less than $10k even though I've already had an offer of $14k from someone who came and examined it in person), it doesn't mean what I'm asking is unreasonable in my area.

There are so many sheeplike, innocent, buyers out there who do none of their own research whatsoever, with thousands upon thousands of extra dollars to overspend, in this area, in this economy, that need you. Congrats! I'm the wolf looking to eat them. That's why I have 153 positive Ebay feedback and 0 negative, including a $22,000 Dodge Charger show car I recently sold. Ya caught me. We can all sleep better.

If you think you're some "for sale" police, or savior of the buying public, I sure hope you share your highly valuable services with EVERYONE on these forums who is, in YOUR OPINION, selling something overpriced. Because it'd be a shame if you chose to not take your internet policing job seriously and pick out just a few people to bash. They need you!

Or better yet, how about this. Instead of going around bashing my posts (someone who is looking to honestly sell a very nice item) wherever you see them, and other ppl's posts, with YOUR OPINION, why don't you work on getting rid of the ones out there who actually are looking to rip people off and steal money from hard workers who have made an honest living? I'd appreciate that, because I get like 20 emails from them every day. Thanks.

This whole trying to ruin my for sale posts with YOUR OPINION is getting old. Notice a theme? When I want YOUR opinion, I'll ask for it, ok? Until then, please stay out of my posts and keep your opinions to yourself. They're not as educated or valuable as you think they are. Thanks hun. ;-)

Any interested parties, please feel free to PM me any questions or concerns you might have, as the bashers are just going to keep replying and ruining my posts. :dancenana:

Last edited:

erikr

Established Member
i bought my L with 58000 miles, clean title, in perfect condition for $13000, youre not going to sell this truck for your asking price, and people expressing their opinions shouldnt bother you, they are just trying to help. honestly id say u could get maybe 10k out of the truck, and YES, if someone were to try to sell me a 1950s penny for more than a penny, id laugh in their face and tell them to have a nice day.

glomb23

Established Member
i bought my L with 58000 miles, clean title, in perfect condition for $13000, youre not going to sell this truck for your asking price, and people expressing their opinions shouldnt bother you, they are just trying to help. honestly id say u could get maybe 10k out of the truck, and YES, if someone were to try to sell me a 1950s penny for more than a penny, id laugh in their face and tell them to have a nice day.

+1, in all honesty I wouldn't pay more than 10k for this truck. You have probably a 2000 motor in there (you're not sure it seems), and regardless of the no expense spared on repairs it IS still a salvage title vehicle with almost 60k miles. I know it's a tough pill to swallow that your truck isn't worth as much as you'd like, but you have to be realistic. GLWS.

Lobo_Loco

La Mera Vena
Established Member
I figured I'd catch a little flack. Around here, a low mile Lightning is fairly rare. Dealerships ask 20k plus for them.

It's a salvage title. Truck has nothing salvage about it. Basically the only original part from the original truck is the cab and interior. Frame, control arms, axle, drivetrain, etc... have all been replaced with new OEM parts. Salvage title, new truck. $16k is just where I chose to start.

Fairly rare??..Well i guess mine then is one of a kind sitting @ 31K miles and its a 2001....and it also has a clear title so if i ever decided to sell then I could maybe be pushing to get 16K for it....so yours is WAAAAAAAY over priced since it has SALVAGE title...but hey you do what you want

cobrakidz

High mileage R
Established Member
When I was in the auto body business I dealt with salvage titles a lot--at least out west a salvage titled car is worth about 60% of what a comparable clean title vehicle is worth.

Users who are viewing this thread