2013 University of Maryland Spring Meet for Charity

GT500RedStripe

More Power!
Established Member
Last year MACA had a great showing with 50 cars!

Here is the list for this year:
1 GT500RedStripe
2. Wiseguy
3. Snakesvt04
4. rizjan67
5. 007snake
6. fak3r
7. usmcsvtwannabe
8. djervin
9. TonyUMD
10. charba951
11. MrGlock81
12. frederick184
13. Bonefish
14. SYMach1
15. VerySneaky
16. NickF1011
17. Why Try
18. stsltd
19. zporta (?)
20. 01strokersnake
21. icepic
22. rowapr
23. ScottinSSMD
24. onefastcar
25. jojomofo21

Here are a couple of meeting places so far:

Departure Time / Location

7:15 AM - BP gas station on RT 85, 7402 Shockley Drive, Frederick, MD

8:00 AM - Ziki Japanese Restaurant, 10009 Fields Road, Gaithersburg, MD

8:45 AM - Hillandale Shopping Center, 10101 New Hampshire Avenue, Silver Spring, MD 20903

10:00 AM - Starbucks in the Bowie Town Center located at 3924 Town Center Blvd, Bowie, MD 20716

2013 University of Maryland Spring Meet for Charity
hosted by College Park Tuning

• • Thousands of different cars
    • Dyno pulls
    • Live DJ
    • 50/50 Raffle
    • Raffle Prizes
We will be asking for 2 non-perishable food items per person and $2.00 entry fee. If you forget to bring an item, we will collect a $5.00 entrance fee/donation on your way into the lot. All the proceeds collected from admission, and the 50/50 raffle are going to be donated to Martha’s Table (Home Page).

*Almost 2000 parking spots
Directions to Bowie Baysox Layout of the meet
*Expect heavy traffic, we are sorry for this inconvenience and will be trying to move people in/out of the meet as quickly as possible*

Date
Sunday, April 21st, 2013

Time
Start: 8am
We usually start packing things up at 3pm

Food
Food will be served by the Baysox stadium staff. It will be typical grill food (burgers/hotdogs).
Feel free to tailgate. Be Respectful and pick up after yourselves.

Dyno -
• $80 for 2 - 3 baseline pulls w/ A/F and printout. FWD or RWD only
• If you are interested in dynoing your car, please send an email to [email protected] or follow this Dyno Signup. We are trying to have people pre-register for the dyno.

Reserving Space
I am working directly with the event leader and have arranged to have the same spots as last year (see map). There is a row hidden under the trees which is ours too. We will have over 60 spaces.

I also have arranged for you to pay individually upon entry.

We will meet at the Starbucks in the Bowie Town Center located at 3924 Town Center Blvd, Bowie, MD 20716 then arrive as a group around 10:15.

Many members did not make the group entry last year and were denied access because there was not enough room for everyone.. This is for sure going to be a SOLD OUT EARLY event.

Basic Rules
1. Be respectful of other peoples cars. Please do not touch a persons car without their consent
2. No alcohol
3. No scandalous attire (this is a family event)
4. Chairs are permitted everywhere but no taking up parking spaces with them
5. No saving spaces (group or forum contacts us before hand at [email protected] if you would like to organize rolling in as a group and have a select number of spots reserved)
6. No burnouts or anything stupid. Police will be at the event and cameras are rolling 24/7 at Bowie

Last edited:

rizjan67

Established Member
Oh good ,,I was wondering when this was gonna be,,,it was fun last year .Count me in.

TonyUMD

If I hear that again...
Established Member
I'm in. I'll just go to work afterwards... :burnout:

fak3r

Bow to your sensei!!
Established Member
I have reserved the same spot as last year! It was great to have the afternoon shade.

Sounds solid!

How many spots do we have?

I wasn't around for the last few years but do they give entrance priority to the clubs? Meaning will we need to sit in those huge lines to get in or can we bypass like we have in the past?

Paul

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
fak3r

If I read above correctly we could get priority if we all show up at one time....prior to 10:30AM...which would be cool.

Reserving Space
The people have spoken and if you want to reserve space for your club or group you need to contact us ASAP and give us an accurate head count by April 14th. We require the entrance fee of $5 per car paid in advance when reserving spaces, but we ensure that clubs get a set amount of spaces together and we will give those clubs priority admittance.
Clubs must arrive in a single group and by 10:30am or their spots will be forfeited

GT500RedStripe

More Power!
Established Member
Sounds solid!

How many spots do we have?

I wasn't around for the last few years but do they give entrance priority to the clubs? Meaning will we need to sit in those huge lines to get in or can we bypass like we have in the past?

Paul

I am working directly with the event leader and have arranged to have the same spots as last year (see map). There is a row hidden under the trees which is ours too. We will have over 60 spaces.

I also have arranged for you to pay individually upon entry. We will meet at the Starbucks in the town center then arrive as a group around 10:15.

Many members did not make the group entry last year and were denied access because there was not enough room for everyone.. This is for sure going to be a SOLD OUT EARLY event.

Please post up any questions you have.

Ben

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread