Car died on me today.

FreSh03Gt

Established Member
Went down to briarwood ford made a dyno pull went home.

Went out to leave to the in-laws and the car died at the first red light?

A tow home and i still have no clue why it won't start? the "THEFT" light flashes rapidly when the key is on, I tried both sets thinking maybe the theft system may have screwed up but still no luck.

Anyone out there have any ideas:shrug: i'm pulling my hair out (or what left of it)...

Snakebite

Proud Member of the MCT
Established Member
Did you try disconnecting the battery? By doing so and waiting a few minutes before re-connecting...it may do the trick.

FreSh03Gt

Established Member
all the fuses look fine ,could it be the FRPS?

BTW the odometer reads ---------- all dashes?? weird.

Last edited:

T.Bone

Established Member
Sounds like the same thing I had, Mine was a fuse under the hood. I think it was a 20amp. Use a tester if you have one, I looked at mine adn thought it was good then when I checked again with my fluke I found 2 fuses gone.

FreSh03Gt

Established Member
looks like i'm going to have it towed to the dealership and have it looked at..............

hope to get it worked out before the next event.

plan b

hooters for looters
Established Member
You need to know if any dtc's are present first. Will the engine crank over and not start? Check fuse 5 (15A), fuse 21 (5A), and fuse 34 (20a). The following dtc's are pats system trouble codes:

B1213 Less than two keys programmed to the PATS control. Use diagnostic card to run self-test on PATS functions in the instrument cluster. If DTC B1232, B1600, B1601, B1602 or B1681 are present, they must be serviced first. If DTC B1213 is the only self-test DTC, then cycle the second PATS key in the ignition to program.
B1232 Transceiver module antenna failure. Memory failure in the PCM or the instrument cluster.
B1600 No PATS key read by the PATS control. This can be caused by the PATS key, PATS transceiver, circuits between the PATS transceiver and the PATS control and/or the PATS control.
B1601 Unprogrammed PATS key. There is no issue with the PATS key itself, but the key must be programmed into the PATS memory (unless the maximum number of keys are already programmed). REFER to Spare Key Programming in this section. No parts need to be replaced for this DTC.
B1602 Partial PATS key was read. Make sure that approved PATS key (Ford, Rotunda, ILCO, Strattec, HUF or Valeo) is being used. Large metal objects, additional PATS keys, or devices used to purchase gasoline located on the customer's key ring can cause interference. Instruct the customer to keep such items from touching the ignition key during engine start. It is not necessary to remove the objects from the customer's key ring. Remote starter equipment can also cause this DTC. Remove any remote starter equipment close to the transceiver before conducting further diagnosis. This DTC can be caused by the PATS key or the PATS transceiver.
B1681 PATS transceiver module signal is not received by the PATS control. This DTC can be caused by circuits between the PATS transceiver and the PATS control, the PATS transceiver or the PATS control. Follow the pinpoint test for diagnosis. This can also be caused by using the incorrect transceiver part number. Make sure that the correct transceiver part number is being used.
B2103 Transceiver module antenna failure. Incorrect or nonexistent diagnostic data from the transceiver.
B2139 The PCM_ID does not match between the PCM and the PATS instrument cluster.
B2141 NVM configuration failure. PATS does not have a stored PCM_ID in memory (PATS PID PCM_ID=not STORED). If a DTC U1147 is also present, it must be repaired first. If a DTC U1262 is also present, attempt to repair the DTC. However, repair to DTC U1262 may not be required prior to repairing DTC B2141.
B2431 The ignition key (Lincoln LS only) was not programmed. This vehicle uses a special ignition key. Program a new ignition key, using the correct style key.
U1147 Indicates a communication issue between the PCM and PATS instrument cluster. This DTC cannot be caused by the PATS key, the PATS transceiver or the circuits between the PATS transceiver and PATS control. Whenever PATS has the DTC U1147 stored, there should be a DTC P1260, Theft Detected-Engine Disabled, stored in the PCM. Verify that DTC P1260 is stored in the PCM. If the DTC P1260 is not stored in the PCM, there is a power up issue for the PCM. (i.e. PATS is powering up at key ON/START, but the PCM is not. Therefore, PATS tries to communicate over circuits 914 and 915 and there is no response from the PCM.) Make sure that the PCM power and ground circuits are functioning. Make sure that the diagnostic tool can communicate with the PCM.
U1262 Indicates a communication issue between the PATS control instrument cluster and some other module. Do not carry out the PATS diagnostics if a no start is not reported or if the anti-theft indicator is not flashing rapidly at key ON. If the indicator is flashing, check to make sure the PCM is powered up and operating. If the PCM is not powered up or operating, continue with PCM diagnostics.
P1260 This DTC will be stored any time the PCM disables the vehicle because of a PATS issue. Whenever the PCM has stored DTC P1260, there should be PATS DTC(s) stored that require diagnosis

Last edited:

FreSh03Gt

Established Member
It cranks but will not start.

dashes on the odometer

blinking theft light

loud buzzing from under the hood when key is ON

tried an OBD II reader and it "fails to connect"

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
CCRM provides power to ECU so you wouldn't get any DTC codes

Flashing theft and odometer probably caused by cluster's inability to communicate with ECU

Same reason the OBDII scanner won't connect....

FreSh03Gt

Established Member
i pulled the chip and no go.

I put the chip back in and have a tow coming Monday lets see if the stealership can figure it out.

Thanks guys for all the suggestions, i'll keep you updated when i find out what went wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread