Need a shop to install subframe connectors

TRMNTR

Established Member
Hey guys,
I'm getting ready to buy subframe connectors (MMFLSFC).

Can anyone recommend a shop to install them?

I had a local alignment shop install them on my '89 back in the day. They did fine, but if there's a Mustang shop that can do them, I might prefer that?

(I know they must have a drive on lift.)

Snakebite

Proud Member of the MCT
Established Member
Chad...you may have to drive a bit...but I'm pretty sure Livernois in Dearborn Heights or Alternative Automotive can get er done.

TRMNTR

Established Member
That shop's out in Troy. If I'm going that far, I'll just go to Lidio.

I'm actually thinking about having Lidio do it. I was planning to take the car there to get it tuned anway (after I get a pulley on it). So what I might do is get and install the pullies, drive it to Lidio's (no WOT), have him tune it and put the subframe connectors on.

Then I'll put the springs in, do the IRS bushings, LPW diff cover, etc, take it in for an alignment and I'll be all set.

I found a cool setup at Paul's High Performance. Subframe connectors with driveshaft loop.

https://www.paulshp.com/cgi-bin/webstorecgi/webstore.cgi?page=525055&type=&frame=&cart_id=6659123_25761

I don't plan on drag racing the car much but maybe some. A driveshaft loop is nice insurance...just in case. I wasn't crazy about the idea of drilling holes through the floorplan, so this looks pretty cool. Any input?

utfan98

Lack of Restraint
Established Member
That shop's out in Troy. If I'm going that far, I'll just go to Lidio.

I'm actually thinking about having Lidio do it. I was planning to take the car there to get it tuned anway (after I get a pulley on it). So what I might do is get and install the pullies, drive it to Lidio's (no WOT), have him tune it and put the subframe connectors on.

Then I'll put the springs in, do the IRS bushings, LPW diff cover, etc, take it in for an alignment and I'll be all set.

I found a cool setup at Paul's High Performance. Subframe connectors with driveshaft loop.

https://www.paulshp.com/cgi-bin/webstorecgi/webstore.cgi?page=525055&type=&frame=&cart_id=6659123_25761

I don't plan on drag racing the car much but maybe some. A driveshaft loop is nice insurance...just in case. I wasn't crazy about the idea of drilling holes through the floorplan, so this looks pretty cool. Any input?

Thinking about it, Lidio may out source the install on SFC. I know he does for exhaust welding. Give him a call. I thought Troy would be closer to you, maybe not.

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
I had mine done by Detroit Speedworks but they merged with Livernois Motorsports about 5 yrs ago.

Recalling previous discussions, I agree with Mike about Lidio farming it out to his favorite exhaust shop ( I don't remember the place....)

Stenod does chassis fabrication and would do a great job, I'm sure

utfan98

Lack of Restraint
Established Member
I had mine done by Detroit Speedworks but they merged with Livernois Motorsports about 5 yrs ago.

Recalling previous discussions, I agree with Mike about Lidio farming it out to his favorite exhaust shop ( I don't remember the place....)

Stenod does chassis fabrication and would do a great job, I'm sure

Was it Great Lakes Customs? I do not know if that guy still does his (work since he moved).

TRMNTR

Established Member
I'm also getting info from Skinny Kid Race Cars.

They are closer than Stenod for me.

I'm sure they won't be cheap, but it would be cool to be able to say that they worked on my car.:rockon:

I do like the setup from Pauls HP with the built in drive shaft loop. No holes in the floorpan is nice.

I'm going to get a quote from Skinny Kid to see if they can do something similar.

utfan98

Lack of Restraint
Established Member
I'm also getting info from Skinny Kid Race Cars.

They are closer than Stenod for me.

I'm sure they won't be cheap, but it would be cool to be able to say that they worked on my car.:rockon:

I do like the setup from Pauls HP with the built in drive shaft loop. No holes in the floorpan is nice.

I'm going to get a quote from Skinny Kid to see if they can do something similar.

Yes, or Paul's High Dollar if you get the SFC from them. I see Paul' wants 300or so for the install. That is double what I paid, with having my IRS brackets welded in as well.

TRMNTR

Established Member
Good to know.

Skinny Kid does great work but it's way over what I need. They recommend cutting the floor, nesting them in, etc, 13-14 hrs of labor, etc. That's great for a race car but not what I need. The last thing I want to do is cut up the floor of my car.

I like Pauls connector/driveshaft loop combo but I really want the MM full length connectors.

I'm going to talk to Livernois and Lidio. Hopefully today.

TRMNTR

Established Member
I'm going to have Lidio do the sfc and tune . just waiting to talk to Doug and get the pullies .

Users who are viewing this thread