PHP intake spacer(Where to get)?

Black Venom 99

Established Member
I am looking into getting the PHP intake spacer for my 99 cobra. Does anyone know any places to buy it? If anyone can help me out I will greatly appreciate it.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Stopsign32v said:
Why do you want it? I heard its a great way to waste money.

I lost power (4-8)RWHP and same for RWTQ from throughout the power band. At peak i lost about 1RWHP. I did however gain about 5 RWHP after peak from about 6500-6800. My car also liked to backfire after i put on the spacer. I had it on there for a total of about 1 week.

fatboyq

Established Member
maybe it was not torqued down to specs, nazman saw an improvement. They are like $80 or so.

KGblack99cobra

Back N Black
Established Member
So we are 50/50 on this Intake Spacer....

Heres a question, why is there not a throttle body spacer for our cars?
Or would that be a waste of money also

blacksnake305

Established Member
Double"O" said:
I lost power (4-8)RWHP and same for RWTQ from throughout the power band. At peak i lost about 1RWHP. I did however gain about 5 RWHP after peak from about 6500-6800. My car also liked to backfire after i put on the spacer. I had it on there for a total of about 1 week.

Sorry to pull rank on you here, but everone on here that knows anything about automotive mechanics KNOWS that your reasons for backfiring, poor idle and (most likely the reason for your losses) has to do with an 'air leak' under one (or all) of the following scenarios:

Poor seal of the spacer: either by improper machining, warping etc
OR your improper installation of the product: not torquing down properly or not 'cross torquing' the bolts. I'm not trying to be a pain here, but i've seen you post your misleading information for about a year now. I dont think you ever understood why you had issues. But its all about improper sealing of the spacer and thats it...

PS: mine worx great...

Last edited:
Everything I've read about the PHP spacer from members on this site and other stang sites is that the PHP spacer works really well with a ported intake. This product seems legit. Just don't buy a Carbon Fiber Driveshaft from PHP. That asshole wouldn't take it back after it broke the day I installed it. The end with the yoke came off and Paul claimed that I wasn't telling the truth about how the driveshaft broke.

Oh and Paul, if by some chance the solar system is in alignment tonight and you are reading my comment . . . this is Rob M from Clark, NJ and before I go out to party I want you to know you can go F*ck yourself for your shitty way of handling my $850 purchase. Scumbag :cuss:

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
blacksnake305 said:
Sorry to pull rank on you here, but everone on here that knows anything about automotive mechanics KNOWS that your reasons for backfiring, poor idle and (most likely the reason for your losses) has to do with an 'air leak' under one (or all) of the following scenarios:

Poor seal of the spacer: either by improper machining, warping etc
OR your improper installation of the product: not torquing down properly or not 'cross torquing' the bolts. I'm not trying to be a pain here, but i've seen you post your misleading information for about a year now. I dont think you ever understood why you had issues. But its all about improper sealing of the spacer and thats it...

PS: mine worx great...

What misinformation might that be? what i said about the PHP spacer a year ago when i put it on?

And rank???wtf i didn't know of a Hierarchy per se` in SVTperformance save for mods
onto the subject at hand

There was no improper seal nor was the spacer warped. FEARNO1 was there, and he and i did the install. We also made sure there were no leaks. We had the car on the Dyno 1 hour before the install and 1 hour after the install. The guy who runs that dyno also said the same thing you did, then he looked at it and he determined it was fine....This same guy told me i was stupid for getting getting the spacer. The Mach guys that he tunes are hit or miss with it as well.

He claimed some Mach guys gained whereas others lost power with the spacer. A few of that machs he tuned have multiple videos on this site. not like it matter though

I noticed your from Michigan do work at PHP???? Because you sound like you do.

PS It only backfired once while the spacer was on. Then i swapped it for a Kenne Bell

Last edited:
Does Kenne Belle also make this spacer? Double "O" - do you recommend putting an intake spacer on a stock intake?

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
01cobravortech said:
Does Kenne Belle also make this spacer? Double "O" - do you recommend putting an intake spacer on a stock intake?

No dude, i ditched the spacer and put on a KB blower.

I don't know about stock vs ported, i would think it would benifit a ported upper and lower. I was going to go the Ported route along with heads and cams, then Kenne Bell finally got their blower out for the 99/01s and i went with that because that was what i wanted from the beginning.

When you add lenth to your Intake you are gonna lose TQ down low and gain it up top. Which is what my car did. The gains were from just past peak to redline

You have an intercooled KB? I've seen the price on their website, not bad at all. What gains on your motor? How much boost are you running and for how many miles have you been boosting? What's your over all impression of their blower on the 01?

Users who are viewing this thread