Intake Spacer ?

slonech

Dark Side
Established Member
Double O had tried a spacer and it actually made his 01 worse... he has the dyno sheets to prove it as well. shoot him a pm and he can answer you :)

kxt

atomic number 30
Established Member
i've never been a fan of intake spacers

CobraG

Established Member
slonech said:
Double O had tried a spacer and it actually made his 01 worse... he has the dyno sheets to prove it as well. shoot him a pm and he can answer you :)

Cool, thanks, good looking out :beer:

I need to get some details on them, we're setting up a GP on my local board

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Here is my dyno sheet with the PHP spacer.Red is before and Blue is after...it does offer small gains past peak HP and TQ

http://img178.imageshack.us/my.php?image=phpspacerhf6.jpg
phpspacerhf6.jpg

Last edited:

CobraG

Established Member
Worth the $100 bucks? Reading through the page it sounds good, mentions it's for Mach's, but I figured since we have a very similar engine it should give us New Edge guys some gains too.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
The mach has the better heads and cams, thus the better results with the spacer

JSpeed

Degenerate Speeder
Established Member
A intake spacer is effective if it is made out of a phenolic or heat insulating material. You want to keep block heat from soaking into the intake manifold and thereby heating the air charge as it comes in. This will help any car.

Increasing the runner length will change the "tune" of the intake manifold. Longer runners usually increase low end torque at the expense of high rpm power. This "manifold tune" depends on a lot of other factors such as displacement, head flow in CFM, ect. It may help on some setups and not on others. No real way to tell other then testing.

anothersvtguy

Turner of Wrenches
Established Member
well

I run one and although I have never hit the dyno, my butt-meter tells me it gave a small low/midrange boost. Could be my brain trying to justify the $100 :rollseyes but it definately did not make the car run any worse. If anything it feels stronger. It seems to be hit or miss for New Edgers who try these. I have a custom tune so maybe that has something to do with it? Not sure.

Most of my time is spent cruizin around town between 2500-5500 rpms so if I loose a few ponies at 6800rpm I could care less, I'd rather have a few more down low.

Last edited:

CobraG

Established Member
anothersvtguy said:
I run one and although I have never hit the dyno, my butt-meter tells me it gave a small low/midrange boost. Could be my brain trying to justify the $100 :rollseyes but it definately did not make the car run any worse. If anything it feels stronger. It seems to be hit or miss for New Edgers who try these. I have a custom tune so maybe that has something to do with it? Not sure.

Most of my time is spent cruizin around town between 2500-5500 rpms so if I loose a few ponies at 6800rpm I could care less, I'd rather have a few more down low.

You know, I didn't think of that, but I never top my RPM's out either, I never even come close really. So if it would give me some down low that would be nice.
Just trying to be careful and not throw money away, plus I just asked about it on my local site and now there is a GP being setup for it, so I don't want a lot of us wasting our money

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
anothersvtguy said:

if you look at my dyno graph you will see that i only gained above 6k...

viperbluelx

Sexton's Performance
Established Member
JSpeed said:
A intake spacer is effective if it is made out of a phenolic or heat insulating material. You want to keep block heat from soaking into the intake manifold and thereby heating the air charge as it comes in. This will help any car.

You do understand this spacer goes between the lid and the lower intake? It's not designed to reduce heat, I doubt the lid having heat in it is gonna effect power, lol.

slonech

Dark Side
Established Member
thanks for jumping in here double o... i knew we had talked about it.. and you had given me advice from your experience :)

Users who are viewing this thread