I need your oppinion on what I should do next?

What should I do next?

• Exhaust setup I listed

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Save for nitrous

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • You are a homo, and please do not ask rediculous questions!

Votes: 8 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

svtsilversnake

DRIVER MODED
Established Member
OK, I have been looking at getting into nitrous, and so far im over $2,300 in guages, N2o kit, maximizer, ect ect.

My other option is to get kooks long tubes 1-3/4 steeped to 1-7/8ths with the matching 3inch off road x pipe. Heres is the kicker with the exhaust tho. <Flame suit on> I dont want to run a catback with the pipes exiting under the muffler. Instead, I want to use 2 borla stinger mufflers and fit them to the kooks x-pipe with turndowns. You may be woundering why. Well its simple. Less weight. Yes yes, I know its not that much but im weird plus I want the car a little louder anyway.

So, oppinions please :beer:

Un4GivN

QuenchMyThirstw/Gasoline
Established Member
Well.. what exactly are your plans for the car? I ran turn downs on my car for a short while, and while it sounds fantastic, it really looked stupid. Having exhaust cutouts on your bumper with no tail pipes really looks retarded. My blind vote is gonna have to go to n2o

ItsACobraSon

Established Member
I went exhaust. N2O is for the track I feel. And for the same price give or take you can do the exhaust and get a ported intake/JLT ram air you listed.

My two cents. But I dont do track.

gmsux

Denial ain't just a river
Established Member
Cannot agree with nos, seen to many meltdowns with it on even the "best" setups.
Exhaust, too much money for the return of HP on a stock motor IMO.

Take the $2300 and buy some stocks and next winter cash it out and buy a complete supercharger kit.

Done.

Un4GivN

QuenchMyThirstw/Gasoline
Established Member
Cannot agree with nos, seen to many meltdowns with it on even the "best" setups.
Exhaust, too much money for the return of HP on a stock motor IMO.

Take the $2300 and buy some stocks and next winter cash it out and buy a complete supercharger kit.

Done.

lol I wouldn't invest $2300 of YOUR money in today's stock market.

K2AHollywood

Established Member
So I voted your a homo just for the oppertunity to call you one :-D I totally agree with gmsux, I dont trust No2 at all - too many accidents. I say go with the exhaust, while expensive, it will provide a nice little HP bump and excellent sound. I see a lot of people are telling you to go SC and thats a good choice but after you do, you'll want the exhaust so just get it out of the way for now. As for the mufflers and dumps.......how about running a side exit exhaust, little less gay then what you want and still no tail pipes; and will you be going to a V6 bumper when you do because those empty holes will look ridiculous

Oh and my .02 after doing it, go with something like Hooker LTs, the Kooks while nice, are really not worth the ass load you pay. But if you set on it PM me and Ill see if I can get you a comparable deal on what I got mine for

svtsilversnake

DRIVER MODED
Established Member
So I voted your a homo just for the oppertunity to call you one :-D I totally agree with gmsux, I dont trust No2 at all - too many accidents. I say go with the exhaust, while expensive, it will provide a nice little HP bump and excellent sound. I see a lot of people are telling you to go SC and thats a good choice but after you do, you'll want the exhaust so just get it out of the way for now. As for the mufflers and dumps.......how about running a side exit exhaust, little less gay then what you want and still no tail pipes; and will you be going to a V6 bumper when you do because those empty holes will look ridiculous

Oh and my .02 after doing it, go with something like Hooker LTs, the Kooks while nice, are really not worth the ass load you pay. But if you set on it PM me and Ill see if I can get you a comparable deal on what I got mine for

Ok I think Im going to go with the exhaust. I know the empty holes looks a little ****ed but I love the bumper I have. The way I want it setup is so that I can remove the stingers and still hook up a catback system if I get tired of It. Ohh and What are your oppinions on nitrous vs a supercharger? I dont understand the difference. power is power? I know anything over 450 is pushing the limit in our cars but I had only planned on running a 100 shot with all the saftey stuff I could think of. Thats why it was a total of 2,500 dollars.

ItsACobraSon

Established Member
superchargers dont require refills

Very good point. I hear the prices went up to 5-6 bucks a pound. Thats 50-60 bucks a bottle and from what I hear doesnt last long. Also FI is alway there when you want it, and street legal.

I was under the impression you cant be on the street with an open bottle. That true?

Users who are viewing this thread