which way does the thermostat go in?

mike6466

Established Member
which way does the thermostat go in? FIXED

my car keeps getting hot and i cant figure it out. im right in the middle of it as we speak. which way does it go in. picture would be nice. help please!:shrug:
FIXED!

i went back to the old thermostat that i thought was sticking. turns out i just needed to flush the system and get rid of all the junk.

also to let you know the autozone thermostats are about 2cm smaller so the housing doesnt get filled in all the way. hope this helps others. stick with the stats from dealer or from the fellow members that sell them on svtp.
:beer:

Last edited:

mike6466

Established Member
okay so i took the thermostat out completely. car is running 220 ish with it in. took it out and the car is running 195 200. faulty thermostat? just bought it at autozone.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
It's probably just wrong. The likely hood of getting the correct Cobra Tstat from Autozone is quite low. I would return it for a full refund or throw it in the trash.

Did it look exactly like the one you took out? Including the diameter of the bypass block off plate? Not likely.:nonono:

Air in the system is also a difficult issue with 32V Fords.

Here is what I suggest:
Get a 170 from Reische http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...ostat-cooling-system-reische-performance.html

And then when filling carefully follow the burp/fill procedure. Always fill from the crossover tube burp plug....slowly.

Also if you want to run cooler in traffic have your tuner lower your kick points on your electric fan. Some handhelds will allow some owner adjustments.

mike6466

Established Member
okay. noted. also ive been just using water to make sure it doesnt overheat so i dont waste money on coolant and have it all be wasted. would straight water be causing it to run hot.

Users who are viewing this thread