HPX slot style MAF PLACEMENT? (PICS)

99cobra09

"Stock Car"
Established Member
Well i pegged my MAF so i decided to get a HPX slot style MAF. Now im not sure where to place the sensor. I have seen some people mount it like in the 1st picture and in the 2nd picture most people mount it there. Will it work the same if i mount like in the 1st picture? Give all your opinions and knowledge! :beer:

My preferred location to mount! As i have an open slot there.
IMAG0452.jpg

IMAG0453.jpg

2nd location, dont know really where to mount it as i have to modify all the piping and dont want to do that.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
What ever you decide just know that the density of the air will increase in and right after the outside radius of a curve in the piping.
This can result in dangerously lean conditions if the MAF sensor is reading air in a section that is on the inside radius or just after.
The "stacked up" more dense air can sneak by on the outside radius, and not be fully detected.

The best placement will be in a section of pipe that has been straight for as long as possible so that the density has evened back out after the curve.

Don't place it close to a turn or even too soon after a turn.

notchstang92

Spoolin'
Established Member
I have a complete blow thru MAF setup including piping and HPX meter for sale if you are interested. You can see some good blow thru MAf setups in the turbo forums on here in the terminator section. You also don't wnat to run too big of a tube or you will get bad readings, but that also depends on your power level.

99cobra09

"Stock Car"
Established Member
I went to the dyno again and i pegged my Slot Style MAF again!!!! I dont understand why im pegging it. I put in the proper area, you guys have any idea where else to place without make all new piping. Below is a pic where its currently placed, i though this would be good enough.
revised.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread