Can someone explain MAFia extenders?

ElscottHavoc

It's all your fault.
Established Member
After pegging my Lightning MAF, it was suggested I get a MAFia. I've been looking at information about them and understand it allows the tuner more precise tuning abilities of the MAF and also the ability to extend the limits of the MAF, but what I don't understand is if the MAFia will get pegged at a certain point also or if it is able to extend infinitely extend the use of my MAF.

Will the MAFia extender essentially allow me to use any MAF without issues of pegging or will I still need to eventually upgrade the MAF if I reach a certain threshold. For instance, let's just pretend someday I want 1000hp - could I use my existing Lightning MAF that's now pegged at 450 and use the MAFia to extend it's limitation to 1000+hp (just for example). I'm just trying to decide if making the purchase of a MAFia is the end all solution or if I should just upgrade to a MAF with a higher rating. Right now it's pegged at 456rwhp/407whtq at 6100rpm.

Seems like making the $180 purchase for a MAFia extender is probably the absolute best choice - if in fact it can remove the limitations of any MAF. But if I'm left with eventually having to replace the MAF, then it might make sense to do that off the bat. Hope this makes sense...I've been in a hospital awaiting the birth of little girl for the last couple days with very little sleep, but I suppose I better not complain too much - my exhaustion is slight compared to the wife's!

Last edited:

01yellercobra

Established Member
After pegging my Lightning MAF, it was suggested I get a MAFia. I've been looking at information about them and understand it allows the tuner more precise tuning abilities of the MAF and also the ability to extend the limits of the MAF, but what I don't understand is if the MAFia will get pegged at a certain point also or if it is able to extend infinitely extend the use of my MAF.

Will the MAFia extender essentially allow me to use any MAF without issues of pegging or will I still need to eventually upgrade the MAF if I reach a certain threshold. For instance, let's just pretend someday I want 1000hp - could I use my existing Lightning MAF that's now pegged at 450 and use the MAFia to extend it's limitation to 1000+hp (just for example). I'm just trying to decide if making the purchase of a MAFia is the end all solution or if I should just upgrade to a MAF with a higher rating. Right now it's pegged at 456rwhp/407whtq at 6100rpm.

Seems like making the $180 purchase for a MAFia extender is probably the absolute best choice - if in fact it can remove the limitations of any MAF. But if I'm left with eventually having to replace the MAF, then it might make sense to do that off the bat. Hope this makes sense...I've been in a hospital awaiting the birth of little girl for the last couple days with very little sleep, but I suppose I better not complain too much - my exhaustion is slight compared to the wife's!

I've used a MAFia in the past with good results. I used it on a Lightning MAF and BA2400. The MAFia/2400 got me close to 600rwhp with a little room. However, I wanted to go back to just having a MAF because I've heard the MAFia can cause scaling issues in the tune. Like showing fuel pumps pegged before they actually are.

IMO I would go with a bigger MAF. I'm switching to a BA5000. So the MAF should be the least of my concerns for awhile.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread