What pistons should i run?

2001SilvrGT

Established Member
I need to know what pistons i should run i have a 99 cobra with procharger. i want to reuse my block and my crank because my crank is already forged from the factory and i know i want manely h beam rods but im not sure on pistons. what type of pistons should i run to hold boost? should i go dish? and also what cc? i see some offer 17-23cc im gunna reuse my stock heads but put better valves and springs in them. Also im going to get my block bored 0.20 over i just need to know what pistons i should run?

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
Some people say i should run flat top and run a c/r of 10:5

Here's the deal, a CR of 9.5-10.5:1 will work. The higher the CR the lower the max boost. Also, some tuners don't like to tune higher CR, FI combos that run pump gas, especially when it's less than 93 Octane. With that, I have no problem with flat tops and FI as long as the boost is kept to a minimum. The higher CR will allow for more pre-boost power and more tq.

Do not go with a CR lower than 9.5:1 as it kills power.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Diamond makes a 6cc dished! My Manleys are 11cc. And MMR has take off sets of H-Beams rods, the other day in a post they said $350...

Users who are viewing this thread