Jul 31-Aug 2 Asphalt Ventures @ Kentucky Bluegrass

brkntrxn

Inappropriate Motorsports
Established Member
7/8/09 - UPDATE
Event Canceled, see post below

It looks like we have a confirmed date at Bluegrass Motorsports Park in Kentucky on July 31 - August 2. This will be the FIRST event at the track and I need your help to drum up the interest in the Mustang/Cobra community. Hell, any interest from any community is good!!! Get the word out and help get us some registrations.

We need students, instructors and anyone interested in ride-alongs to come sign up and make this a sucessful event.

Stacy King is the owner/manager of Asphalt Ventures and I help out with registration, host hotels and tech grid.

Registration page: MotorsportReg.com : Asphalt Ventures, LLC announces Road Course Jamboree (Fri 31 - Sun 2 Aug, 2009) info at Bluegrass Motorsports Club, Sparta, KY 41086 (4777)

Asphalt Ventures page on the event:
https://www.asphaltventures.com/2009_Bluegrass_Event.html

-Kevin

Last edited:

brkntrxn

Established Member
Information from Stacy:

----------------------------------------------------------

GOOD NEWS!!! The July 31st-August 2nd Bluegrass Motorsports Park event is STILL ON!!!

Those of you that took advantage of the early-bird sign up, Man, you got one hell of a deal!

After speaking with Brad Poppell, president of Bluegrass Motorsports Park... I am confident that they are on track to be ready for us. Right now, the only wild card in play is the weather. We will make a final go/no-go assessment and decision between July 10th & July 13th.

All event info and details have been updated on the registration page... and the website.

And yes... we WILL be the first event on the new track! There are LOTS of people chomping at the bit, so if you want in, please register now!

Tons of track time for everyone... Chuck Hawks will be leading all classroom and clinic sessions... there will be an HPDE101 clinic on Friday for newbies who may not want to commit to a full event (including paced track sessions, classroom sessions, and ride-along privileges.) We will also have a track walk for everyone Friday afternoon.

Hope you all can join us!!!

Thank you!!
Stacy King
Asphalt Ventures

Last edited:

brkntrxn

Established Member
More information on the event:

WHEN:

July 31st, August 1st, August 2nd (Fri/Sat/Sun)

WHERE:

Bluegrass Motorsports Park, Sparta Kentucky (2.5 mile "Track 4")

WHAT:

Friday... Advanced and Instructor lapping/recon day. Novice HPDE 101 clinic & paced lapping

Saturday & Sunday ... Novice & Advanced HPDE, Advanced/Instructor Solo lapping

HOW MUCH?!

Friday Only ... $250 for advanced lapping, $75 for HPDE 101

Sat/Sun only ... $399 (Novice & Advanced run groups), $399 (Advanced and Solo, $449 w/instructor)

All Three Days ... $449 (Novice), $499 (Advanced & Solo, $549 w/instructor)

Instructors ... $100 for Sat/Sun, $150 for 3-days (discounts if willing to help out during HPDE 101 clinic) Instructors, please follow instructions on registration pages for becoming an approved instructor

THE DETAILS
This event will focus on seat time on this gorgeous new track. With elevation changes that rival the best, a brand new facility, and management who are eager to do this right ... this promises to be a great track destination and I'm very excited to be a part of the inaugural season. In fact, it looks like we're going to be THE FIRST event on the new track!!

There will basically three groups:

Novice - Includes beginners and intermediate level drivers with less than 6 or so events, includes an instructor. Passing zones will be enforced. Would equate to BMWCCA D or C group, NASA HPDE 1 & 2, etc.

Advanced - Includes upper intermediate and advanced drivers with 6-20 events, but with limited solo experience. An instructor is optional ($50) for this group. Passing will be on straights only. This group would equate to BMWCCA C & B, NASA HPDE 2 & 3, etc. Solo experience must be verifiable.

Solo/Instructor - Includes drivers with 20 or more events with plenty of solo experience (Optional instructor available.) Preferably open passing experience or race experience. Instructors will also use this group for track time. Passing will be allowed anywhere with a point. This group would equate to BMWCCA B & A, NASA HPDE4 & TT, club racers, etc.

On Friday, the lapping sessions will have passing on any straight with a point, so it's open to drivers who would qualify for either the Advanced group or the Solo group. The HPDE 101 clinic is open to anyone and includes classroom sessions, paced lapping sessions, and ride-along privileges. It's designed to give someone the experience/introduction of a track event without risk and expense. Lappers on Friday can expect about 4 hours of track time, HPDE 101 gets two classroom sessions, two 30 minute paced lapping sessions, and unlimited ride-alongs.

On Saturday & Sunday, the Novice and Advance groups can expect about 2 hours of track time each day plus classroom sessions, the Solo/Instructor group can expect about 4 hours of track time each day and an opportunity for some "roundtable" type discussion sessions with your peers.

Registration is being handled through MotorsportReg.com ... MotorsportReg.com : Asphalt Ventures, LLC announces Road Course Jamboree (Fri 31 - Sun 2 Aug, 2009) info at Bluegrass Motorsports Club, Sparta, KY 41086 (4777)

Host hotel information now available ... Microtel, Florence, KY ... details can be found on the website and the event registration pages ...

https://asphaltventures.com/Home_Page.html

brkntrxn

Established Member
The timing is looking to be too tight for this event. With three weeks to go, we cannot be assured the track will be ready to go.

Below is Stacy's email.

-Kevin

---------------------------------------------

Well... many of you have been expecting this email I'm sure. I'm very disappointed to announce that I am canceling the July 31 - August 2 Bluegrass Motorsports Park event. While interest seems high, registrations have been slow (for obvious reasons,) and with only three weeks remaining before the scheduled date, I feel it's time to "cut bait" as they say. Thank you all for sticking with me and my optimism for this event. Unfortunately, optimism can't operate machinery. A few people local to the track have indicated to me that there has been little to no activity, even since acquiring the final permits and indicating funding was in place. I can't run the type of events I want to run with three weeks of guessing. I will need a couple weeks to make sure everything is buttoned down before I can start processing credits and refunds for the early-bird entries. Those of you who signed up during the deferred payment period (basically the last three weeks or so) your entry will be canceled and your card will not be charged.

The next scheduled Asphalt Ventures event will be Monday, November 30th at Virginia International Raceway's Full course. That is the Monday after Thanksgiving, so hopefully many of you (not already signed up) can make plans to attend that event (with enough interest, I may even be able to make it a two-day event.)

Again, thank you all for the interest in this event... we'll try again at a future time once the track is established. Make sure to cancel any hotel reservations already made. Any questions, don't hesitate to get in touch!

Stacy King
Asphalt Ventures

Users who are viewing this thread