My new heat extractor hood

pkwest

Established Member
Carlos (racebronco2) made this hood for me. It should make a big difference on the track!
IMG_0807.jpg

IMG_0809.jpg

IMG_0810.jpg

IMG_0814.jpg

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Wow, thats so slick! Might just have to work over my lift off 03 hood after seeing yours. Im already going to graft some carbon fiber onto the underside to attach the hinges to. havent had the lift off hood very long and I already dont much care for it. Anyways, great pics. Do you have any in process pics during construction?

racebronco2

Established Member
Carlos, you up for doing one more? I'll take one. That one looks like it uses the factory hinges and hardware... is that correct?

The labor and material costs are 300.00 for the fiberglass work. I do not know or have the facilities to paint the hoods other then the primer. I have no idea what shipping would be.

Wow that looks great... and we already know that it works.
Carlos, You have to paint yours!

Wait til pkwest installs a mesh grill:banana:.
Most of my car projects are done so i will be finishing my hood and get it painted. pkwest's hood so good i just might go back to that look.

Wow, thats so slick! Might just have to work over my lift off 03 hood after seeing yours. Im already going to graft some carbon fiber onto the underside to attach the hinges to. havent had the lift off hood very long and I already dont much care for it. Anyways, great pics. Do you have any in process pics during construction?

I have no pic of the process. It is really ugly when you add about 6-8 layers of fiberglass to get the sides built up.

Last edited:

racebronco2

Established Member
Now that is sick. You might want to consider removing the stickers from the caps. Make sure you mark which is which because i did get mine mixed up once.

TroyV

Brakes only slow you down
Established Member
That is very nice looking. It could pass completely un-noticed to the untrained eye. Well done Carlos. I'd love to see you turn this into a business opportunity for yourself.

It looks so good that I almost regret that I sold my Cobra. Almost.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Wow Carlos that came out great. I've been dying to see what yours would look like painted.

I might be wanting one of these down the line.

Users who are viewing this thread